Wiring a 12v outlet on my L3400

/ Wiring a 12v outlet on my L3400 #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
I had to wire a 12v cigarette style outlet to my L3400 in order to run my electric sprayer. I had the same setup on my BX2200 so I wanted the same so I could run the sprayer without making any changes. I wasn't sure at first where to tap into power until I lucked onto this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/286893-wiring-fimco-12v-40-gallon.html

It was there that I learned that the L3400 may have wiring for auxiliary lights already installed from the factory. I checked, and sure enough the wiring was there on both fenders.

From there it was a matter of mounting the socket, drilling holes for the switch and the wiring, and connecting everything. After the install I gave it all a shot of Fluid Film in hopes of keeping away moisture and corrosion. Here's the finished product. Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

/ Wiring a 12v outlet on my L3400 #2  
I noticed the paint was rubbed off the place where the cigarette lighter adapter is mounted. Is it going to be in the way of an arm or something?

/ Wiring a 12v outlet on my L3400
That was worn by the original owner, possible when running the backhoe. It won't be a problem for me.

/ Wiring a 12v outlet on my L3400 #4  
That was worn by the original owner, possible when running the backhoe. It won't be a problem for me.

Good to hear. Once my arm is used to going to one place it will always return there. I pictured myself jamming my elbow into it out of habit.