Wolverine vs Agri Supply tiller ??

/ Wolverine vs Agri Supply tiller ?? #1  

FMFProperties

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4520C & Massey 1533
After days researching and reading everything on various forums then watching many YouTube videos, I'm down to these two rotary tillers for my Branson 4520C (engine: 47 HP @ 2600 // PTO: 42 HP Cat 1 with quick hitch).

I'm about to call them each to confirm warranty and specs but if I can get some real world reviews it would be great. A search on this forum doesn't show anything here on FIMIC LLC or their Wolverine, and the most recent AgriSupply tiller thread is almost 10 years old.

72" Rotary Tiller​

and

Wolverine FMCRT-G06 6ft Rotary Tiller​

/ Wolverine vs Agri Supply tiller ??
UPDATE: I called both companies and got this info:

AgriSupply tiller: $2363 ($2099 + $263 shipping)
- Comes ready to use with all oils and grease included
- 6 tines per flange / 9 flanges
- Warranty: 1 year
- Where is it made: China

Wolverine tiller: $2089 ($2199 - %5 off for 1st time buyers & free shipping)
- Doesn't include oils or grease - needs 1.5 gallons. (I can buy 2.5 gals @ Lowe's for $35)
- 5 tines per flange / 9 flanges
- Warranty: 5 years
- Where is it made: Hong Kong (FIMIC LLC owns the factory there)

Any experience with these or suggestions regarding these or other comparable tillers?

/ Wolverine vs Agri Supply tiller ??
Well I ended up buying the Wolverine. Buying the FMCRT-G04 6ft Rotary Tiller is fast and simple. Shipping is free and very fast, I received my first tiller 2 days after ordering it but couldn't accept it because it was all covered in hydraulic oil. Nobody knows where it came from because the unit is shipped without oil.

Since I needed the tiller and didn't want to wait until the shipping company sent it back and all that investigative process, and knowing that eventually the first credit card charge would be refunded, I went online and ordered and paid for a second tiller. This one also arrived 2 days later but in almost perfect shape.

I say almost perfect shape because seems like they were in a hurry at their factory in China to ship them to their warehouse in USA and the decals were installed leaving many sides not sticking to the tiller completely. Since the decals were lifted they were full of dust and wouldn't stick. Knowing that those decals being lifted and that dirt would get into them and it would be a mess that would never look good, I emailed the company and sent them pictures. I requested if they could send me new decals that I would remove these and install the new ones. I believe that it's good advertising if not why install decals?

I asked in 2 emails about the decals and no reply so I just removed all the stickers. Sadly this lack of quality control and no replies will be part of any conversation now when someone asks me what brand my tiller is.

The manual has steps and pictures that when asked the company employee told me the manual is not updated so those are not parts they supply anymore. It was missing the plastic PTO shaft cover, even though the manual warns to not operate the tiller without that cover.

When researching their website showing the specs regarding the amount of tines per flange didn't add up so I called and they told me 5 per flange but in reality it has 6.

I just checked their website and it doesn't show the 6' tiller available anymore and the price of the 5' tiller is now the same as I paid for my 6' tiller. Maybe it’s just a stocking issue but hopefully they bring back the 6’ because it’s a very nice tiller.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG