Wood elevator

/ Wood elevator #21  
It's essentially a diamond plate platform with triangular frames on all four sides.
On both sides, a pair of roller-bearing dolly wheels are positioned at the top and bottom.
These are mounted on tracks made of two parts of a 1x2 channel that have been welded together to form an "H" shape. The platform is thus kept hostage and lift maintenance precisely positioned on the tracks.
The cable runs up to a block visible on the left top of the second picture, then back down to an anchor near the winch, with the cable running up to a block visible on the left top of the second picture.
This results in a reduction of 2:1.
A cable runs from an eyebolt at the top of each triangle frame, up and over pulleys in the top frame, and finally connects at the bottom. I agree

Last edited:
   / Wood elevator #22  
I have one in my house for firewood from the basement to the living room near the fireplace. Ours is hydraulic and platform sits inside an angle iron cage. One large hydraulic piston, a pulley, etc. The prior owner had it hooked up to a stop switch to automatically stop the lift at the top.