Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ?

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #72  
You can thank me for the picture and 2Lane for the recipe LOL!

Thanks 2Lane - you致e got a great dry rub. Next time maybe my wife can do without the sauce and I can see how it alone tastes.

Thank you kind sir. I do prefer them without the sauce, but my wife also like sauce on hers. As I said elsewhere, when she asks for sauce, I use the Woody's cooking sauce. It isn't sweet or hot or gooey; in fact it is very good. I still prefer my without it, but the Woody's is a great compromise.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #73  
   / Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #74  

That's it! I am only familiar with the cooking sauce; my Mom used to use it back in the late 50's. I can't stand sweet BBQ or sweet sauce, and this is the only thing I know that fits the bill. I'll be more than happy to try their BBQ sauce if I can find it; until then, we use Head Country BBQ sauce. It used to be made locally in Ponca City OK, but I heard they sold out and it should be available nationally...if not now, soon.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #75  
Here’s a pork butt just a few hours in @ 225* on my Grilla Silverbac:
IMG_4509.JPG

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #77  
Um Um good! I was comically quizzed when showed a friend my thermocouple set-up and he asked if I had it on life support.

Thanks! It was pretty delicious! :)

My father in law asked the same thing. Temperature is EVERYTHING!

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #79  
I was pleasantly surprised. Especially considering I went the quick route (3-hour cook time vs. double that with some of the 3-2-1 recipes).

What temp did you run for the 3 hour cook? I usually do the 3-2-1 on mine at 215 or 225. I'd like to find the sweet spot with a little more tenderness.

/ Wood pellet BBQ smokers such as Traeger ? #80  
Been on a fish and crab-cake kick lately. About once a week, I do a 20-24 minute cook using the mesh grill mat at 400 degrees. Not a ton of smoke, but enough to add a little something that the oven can't replicate at all. Ingles has a bunch of different fish with different seasonings or marinades already done and even stuffed items. Always a good idea for a quick mid-week meal with very little prep.

I usually run to Ingles after work, buy the fish and crab-cakes, pull up the app on my phone, start the grill and set at 400 while I'm in the parking lot. Drive 17-20 minutes home and the grill is already at temp for the cook, so I go right to cooking and we eat still pretty early.

I really want to do a brisket, but I don't need a huge one. There is a new butcher shop opening up in Clemson that they told me they'd cut me whatever size I wanted out of a brisket when they open. Can't wait.