Wooden plow beam for an antique plow

/ Wooden plow beam for an antique plow #11  
Looks good SARG.

It sure is hard to imagine that our forefathers actually used those things.

We are definitely spoiled now

/ Wooden plow beam for an antique plow
We make wood plow beams for all walking plows.
Farmer Brown's Plow Shop Home Page

You also have a very short memory. I contacted you folks and .... first you said you would make them..... them you said the fella that made them for you died......... and then you ignored my next three emails.

You don't seem to be folks I'd deal with in the future.

/ Wooden plow beam for an antique plow #14  
Yes he did pass away. I had know to build until now. If you are still interested we can build a beam for you.. thank you linda brown

/ Wooden plow beam for an antique plow #15  
Don't know when you posted this or if you are still in need of wood plow beams, but I have a nos wood beam with the original paint: "The Childs." If was manufactured in the late 19th century and was part of the stock of a hardware store in upstate NY. It was complete when it entered the inventory, but as plows were needing parts and no new stock was coming in, pieces were removed until only the beam was left It has always been kept inside.
I'm downsizing my household and though I've enjoyed having it for forty years, I'd like to have it go on to a useful life somewhere else.

/ Wooden plow beam for an antique plow #16  
Dear usefulstuff: For SARG's project, plows outside in elements, your "Childs" beam would be WAY too nice. Any plow with original paint SHOULD be kept inside, JUST as you have stored it.
Wish we were closer (Illinois) - we'd love to take a look. We have family in Wooster, Mass., and Connecticut, though, so maybe ...
Also, there are differences between each of the countless plow manufacturers' beams, so your beam may not have fit SARG's.