Chipper WoodMaxx Mx-8600

/ WoodMaxx Mx-8600 #1  

Quickster2

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Kioti DK45, Rhino FEL
Just got this to clean up all the storm damage in the past year around the homestead. Was going to cost almost double for someone else to do it. Insurance only pays for damage to structures all other tree debris they consider maintenance. At least the insurance money paid for this. This machine is a beast behind my Kioti DK45. Chips through anything that can fit through the opening. Oak, black locust, willow, pine, and cherry no issue. Very happy with the quality and the feed system. I actually like the angled chute vs the straight approach.

Attachments

• IMG_5573.jpg
    IMG_5573.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
   / WoodMaxx Mx-8600 #2  
Good looking unit. Looks a whole lot like my Wallenstein BX62S. My in-feed is a tad lower than yours. When you get as old as I am - it makes a difference.

All I have out here is Ponderosa pine. I thin my pine stands - every other year or so. Pine has to be one of the easiest kind of tree to chip. The trees I'm chipping are 1" to 6" on the butt.

EXCEPT - five years ago I chipped up my old, dead, standing apple trees. Good Lord - was that wood ever hard. Put a sweat on the Wally - but it walked right thru those trees.
IMG_0089.jpeg

/ WoodMaxx Mx-8600 #3  
When I finish chipping I do a couple things that help preserve the chipper. Clean out the chipping chamber. Particularly all the trash that will collect at the bottom. Trash absorbs moisture - moisture can lead to rust. Grease the two bearings that support the rotor. LIBERALLY coat the chipping knives with axle grease. Prevents rust forming on the sharp edge - rust dulls the blade. Be careful you don't cut yourself on those knives.

/ WoodMaxx Mx-8600
When I finish chipping I do a couple things that help preserve the chipper. Clean out the chipping chamber. Particularly all the trash that will collect at the bottom. Trash absorbs moisture - moisture can lead to rust. Grease the two bearings that support the rotor. LIBERALLY coat the chipping knives with axle grease. Prevents rust forming on the sharp edge - rust dulls the blade. Be careful you don't cut yourself on those knives.
Yep plan on doing what you suggested. I use Fluid Film on the knives. I'll also change the oil & filter at 10 hours. Thx