Chipper WoodMaxx TM-86H review

/ WoodMaxx TM-86H review #31  
I bought a Woodmaxx WM8H recently, ordered it about 5-6 weeks ago. It was here in the promised 2 weeks, and that counts the 4 days it sat at the trucking company local terminal waiting on them to deliver it . Assembly was straightforward once you watch the video. Only problem was a shaft bearing spindle nut wouldn't torque right, and I called their service dept for advice. They answered right away and gave good advice, and used their suggestion of a different method to get the job done. The unit works very well on my New Holland with 35 PTO HP. Have about 5 hours of run time on it so far. First hour of use was all fresh cut pine, up to three inches. Ate it right up and spit it out. I've been working on several piles of willow limbs that I cut down last year. Eats them right up. Only slow down I had was a piece about 5+", and I had to stop the feed rollers a couple of times to get it through there. I did manage to get a 3" piece jammed in there to where it wouldn't come out. A small branch coming out from the main limb got caught in the little moon-shaped slot that the upper feed motor slides up and down in, and it took me over a half-hour and inventing a couple of new words to finally free that up.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the WM8H, but I only have about 5 hours on it so far.

/ WoodMaxx TM-86H review #32  
The last time I got a stub stuck in that slot I loosened the springs and that made removing it much easier. The times before I pulled up on the assist lever while pushing a 2x4 under the linkage to wedge it up. That works but it's not as effective as detaching the springs. That lets me easily get the roller as high as it'll go. Measure first so you can return the adjustment to the same place.