Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower?

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #11  
I don't have a Woodmax snow blower, but I do have one of their chippers....very nice quality and I do recommend Woodmaxx products.
That said, availability of the Woodmaxx snow blower might be a problem this late in the season. I had to wait a few months for the chipper as these are manufactured in China. I assume the snow blower is as well
LandPride also makes great equipment (had one of their rotary cutters a while back) and the unit is available right now.
My suggestion is go with the LandPride. As far as the width, you can always add wings (those might even be available through LandPride) which will give you 2-4 more inches of width

Actually Woodmaxx has been out of stock since this summer & just got a batch of snowblower in last week (got the in-stock notification finally). Doesn't look like they have sold out yet.

Dropped the L4060 off at the dealer for leaky front axle seals & saw 2 blowers on the lot. Got a quote & he verified at least one wasn't sold yet.

The Woodmaxx is $2k cheaper, hair bigger auger (if that means much) & a HDPE lined chute, made in China. 6.75" deep fan. 755lbs

The LandPride is 2" wider, made in the USA, probably has better parts & support. 8" deep fan housing (may or may not mean fan itself I suppose). 545lbs.

Fan diameter, number of blades, chain size, QH compatibility & most other specs seem to be pretty much equal.

LandPride is a hair bigger but lighter, which isn't great if we assume weight equals strength. Really torn if I should shell out the extra $2k for a possibly lighter unit with better support.

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #12  
I have a reallllly hard time buying Made In China. 2 grand is two grand. I get that but when parts are needed....

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #13  
Unless they made a special point to use SAE fasteners everything on it (the chinese one) will be metric.

You would not be able to tell if it had a COMER gearbox either so knowing the exact gear ratio for the
open auger roller chain sprockets and whether they use H chain or not is another worry.

Another thing is the skids; Are they adjustable or built into the side weldments? Will you have enough room to add longer and wider skids to prevent digging in??

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #14  
Unless they made a special point to use SAE fasteners everything on it (the chinese one) will be metric.

You would not be able to tell if it had a COMER gearbox either so knowing the exact gear ratio for the
open auger roller chain sprockets and whether they use H chain or not is another worry.

Another thing is the skids; Are they adjustable or built into the side weldments? Will you have enough room to add longer and wider skids to prevent digging in??
I have the Woodmax 84". It's a beast. Yes it's got metric fasteners. It is not a Comer gearbox. Not sure what your point is on knowing what the ratio is? It works fine as is. The shoes are adjustable. I made oversize ones for mine.
It's a lot of blower for the money. Yes it's made in China. I had considered one but was hesitant until another guy at work got one and it was delivered to the shop so I got a good look at it. I was impressed. Good quality welding. Heavy made. Nice paint job. I have no complaints. I understand the buy USA made, and normally I do. I haven't kept up, but I thought Woodmax was going to start making some of there stuff here?

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #15  

Lol, I own a Kubota tractor, Peruzzo flail mower & 3 Fords built in the past decade. Everything is already metric anyway.

All gravel/dirt roads around here & lots of freeze/thaw in Colorado. High of 90 with over 1" of snow has happened at least once on the past few years. Makes for snow covered mud, which sucks compared to you people that count on the ground freezing solid all winter long. Likely I may have to make wider shoes or skis or something.

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #16  
I think either unit would work fine. However - good luck trying to find ANYTHING this late in the year.

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #17  
Lol, I own a Kubota tractor, Peruzzo flail mower & 3 Fords built in the past decade. Everything is already metric anyway.

All gravel/dirt roads around here & lots of freeze/thaw in Colorado. High of 90 with over 1" of snow has happened at least once on the past few years. Makes for snow covered mud, which sucks compared to you people that count on the ground freezing solid all winter long. Likely I may have to make wider shoes or skis or something.
We have similar conditions with snow over mud and almost never having a base that would hold up a blower or blade. The shoes, or skis, I have on the Woodmax are 8"x12".

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #18  
I just ordered an 84" Woodmaxx last week. It's due to ship out tomorrow. You might get lucky if you hurry.

/ Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #19  
My point was simply if the gear ratio is wrong that will affect the speed of the open auger.

I really wish that someone would start making single stage snow blowers for compact and
sub compact tractors again like the Reist series 1000 as it is something that is needed.

The average consumer needs single stage snow thrower to remove snow and the 48 inch Riest
unit with its wings more than fills the need.

mk martin made a huge mistake changing the design and eliminating this model as they
could have sold many of the every year. They will not even custom make them following
the OEM Reist design with the 13 inch solid auger which is the ideal size.

The picture shows the series 1000 hydraulic drive system on a IR/Melroe bobcat.

The Reist design was made to be flexible enough to be converted into a mechanical drive drive unit by
changing the mounting system by exchanging a few components and adding the three point hitch back
to the frame of the snow thrower or from the PTO driven system to a hydraulic drive system.

The Riest design was also flexible enough that the consumer was able to change the speed ratio of the
single stage auger with simple hand tools and the exchanging of sprockets by opening the roller chain
access door.

The Mconnel single stage snow thrower in the second image is driven by high volume a hydraulic system
on the robomower in this photo. The Mconnel single stage snow thrower uses a roller chain drive using a
hydraulic drive gear motor.

The third image is the front view business end of the mcconnel/robomower single stage snow thrower.

Single stage snow throwers were manufactured and sold for years until the manufacturers of true lawn
and garden tractors changed from using horizontal crank engines to the vertical crank gas engines.
I did not purchase a Simplicity lawn tractor last year because the single stage snow thrower design
was too weak with thin metal augers even though it used a bolted rear axle wheel set.

The grasshopper folks are still offering a shaft driven gear roller chain drive single stage snow thrower
for thier zero turn lawn mowers as a standard equipment attachment.

Attachments

• InkedReist series 1000 snwo thrower_LI.jpg
    InkedReist series 1000 snwo thrower_LI.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 98
  • robo-snow-blower-2.jpg
    robo-snow-blower-2.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 99
  • mcconnel single stage snwo thrower front view.jpg
    mcconnel single stage snwo thrower front view.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Woodmaxx vs Landpride 3 pt snow blower? #20  
Whelp, looks like I successfully warded off snow this winter. The region is going to hate me as we badly need the moisture.

$5,700 plus tax out the door. It's missing the hydraulic deflector. But if I can't remove & reinstall 2 cotter pins & 2 pins to mount it when it comes in I seriously need to reevaluate my life choices.

Wanting it now played a big part as I was picking up the L4060 from the dealer today (leaky font axle & apparently rough bearings). So I guess that goes to supportability too.
20211111_174300.jpg