Woods Backhoe hydraulic hose question

/ Woods Backhoe hydraulic hose question #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
Hi I know it aint large equipment,.... but it is what I am having an issue with right now IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1172.JPG IMG_1175.JPG . Today I was digging out a an Elm stump and blew a hydraulic hose off of the crimp on coupler . The hoe and tractor are in my back field with the dipper in the hole so there is no getting the tractor home to work on it whatever I do will be in the field.
This is my question , I think the hose was a crimped into coupler fitting type of hose set up. But I need to know if they make a repair coupler that I can connect to the hose out in the field ? The hose is long enough to be reused as it only " blew out of the fitting" so maybe 1/4 inch of hose ruined. I will take my generator to the field and use a die grinder or Dremel to re-cut the hose for a fresh good end. The hose travels from the valve bank ( where it separated from ) down into the near end of the boom and inside of it till it gets to the curl cylinder about 7 feet away. Getting it out of the inside of the boom will not be an option right now. I would have to disconnect all the other hoses from the valve body and then remove the boom from the rest of the hoe unit so you could attempt to pull the hoses out through the boom. Big big job. So to recap do they make a coupler that I can reinstall on the end of my hose myself with out taking the hose to the repair shop? Ps. I have tried 3 times to post pictures but when I click on the" attach a photo icon "the whole page "grays" out and nothing happens so sorry about that.

Jeff Lary, 30 minutes ago Edit Delete Report

#1 Reply

. .

Jeff Lary

/ Woods Backhoe hydraulic hose question
Thanks Brian I had to believe there was something out there.