Woods BB60 gearbox rebuild

/ Woods BB60 gearbox rebuild #1  

ColdBlackWind

Tractor
Farmtrac 60
I have a older Woods rotary mower. My gearbox is toast. Anyone rebuilt one of these? I need gears, seals and bearings. My gearbox assy has been superseded with a new one from Woods. I have to buy a new gearbox, crossbar and blade pins in order to replace it. It also has slower blade speed than my current unit. All help appreciated.

/ Woods BB60 gearbox rebuild #2  
It is unlikely that the seals and bearings are unique to that machine. Likely they can be found or ordered at a good auto parts supply house. You may have to take precise measurements of the old ones to match them up. Bearings may have manufacturers numbers etched on them that can be cross referenced.

Gears and shafts are another story.

/ Woods BB60 gearbox rebuild
It is unlikely that the seals and bearings are unique to that machine. Likely they can be found or ordered at a good auto parts supply house. You may have to take precise measurements of the old ones to match them up. Bearings may have manufacturers numbers etched on them that can be cross referenced.

Gears and shafts are another story.
The replacement gearbox itself is not a bad price at around $475 from Woods. The parts to rebuild will get close to that as I have to replace everything but the shafts. The problem is the crossbar and blade attachment hardware that has to be replaced is another $600.