Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts #41  
I had somewhat of the same problem as you - KanakaRick. I had purchased Grade 5 machine bolts from Ace Hardware. They were snapping - left/right. Then I went into Spokane and got them from an industrial supply company. Like day and night.

A rare circumstance where a cheaper product wasn't hurting anything - except my patience.

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts #42  
Did you download the manual for this blower? If I remember right my woods blower does have a gr8 shear bolt as per the manual. You may need to look at the parts breakdown.

Theres a impeller shear bolt, an auger shear bolt and one on the drivshaft. What one was breaking? As there both not the same grade.

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts #43  
Did you download the manual for this blower? If I remember right my woods blower does have a gr8 shear bolt as per the manual. You may need to look at the parts breakdown.

Theres a impeller shear bolt, an auger shear bolt and one on the drivshaft. What one was breaking? As there both not the same grade.
I read threads in other forums about the grade 8 mistake. People even confirmed it with woods...it is NOT grade 8. It was a 8mm with a 8.8 marking (grade 5).

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts

The driveshaft one was breaking.

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts
I had somewhat of the same problem as you - KanakaRick. I had purchased Grade 5 machine bolts from Ace Hardware. They were snapping - left/right. Then I went into Spokane and got them from an industrial supply company. Like day and night.

A rare circumstance where a cheaper product wasn't hurting anything - except my patience.
What a coincidence, THAT is where I am getting MY shearbolts. Time to go to an industrial supply.

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts #46  
The driveshaft one was breaking.
Have you downloaded the manual? The listing I'm seeing is 10.9grade. Even my older ss60 uses a bolt stronger than gr5.

What grade was the original bolt before it broke?

/ Woods Blower keeps snapping grade 5 bolts #47  
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the length of the bolt being used.
The unthreaded portion needs to be long enough that the shank of the bolt is what is being sheared,
not in the threaded portion. The unthreaded shank normally should be fully in the two bodies with all
but a thread or two being in or past the nut.