Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Hey guys,
Can I get some of you Woods' folks to comment on this box blade? It's a tad over 600 lbs. Is this too much blade for a 45 HP 4x4 Kioti? Is 1000K delivered reasonable? Good product?
Thanks

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade #2  
Sounds reasonable, I had one I pulled with a Kubota 3830 and it pulled it fine, I've got a HB 84 with an L45 now pulls it well up hill when full.

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade #3  
I pull a 5' HB 60 Woods with a 28 HP 3300# NH 1720 with no issues...
I think that the blade weighs in @ 550# or so...
You Kioti will do fine...
As far as price, I have no idea as to what is fair...
I can attest to the durability of Woods...
That is a good unit that will give you years of service...

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade
Thanks to you both. I was most interested in the weight etc. but have noticed prices appear to be really regional. It's looking like a good medium duty blade in my area that's close to or over 600 lbs of decent build is going to cost close to 1K no matter the brand.

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade #5  
Before spending that kind of money on a box blade unit of any brand, I would think more about what you intend to be using the box blade for. If you will be working dirt that has clay in it, or the dirt has moisture in it you will have problems with the dirt packing hard between the front and rear cutting edges because the rear moldboard is not hinged. When that dirt packs hard between the front and rear cutting edges your box blade unit just wants to float on top of the ground and will not be cutting good. The weight is good for the grading purpose and helps when docking down fresh mounds of new dirt, but when you have a lot of weight and no hinged back blade you can be spending a lot of time digging out the packed dirt between the cutting edges.

/ Woods HB 72 6' medium duty box blade
McGeesEquip said:
Before spending that kind of money on a box blade unit of any brand, I would think more about what you intend to be using the box blade for. If you will be working dirt that has clay in it, or the dirt has moisture in it you will have problems with the dirt packing hard between the front and rear cutting edges because the rear moldboard is not hinged. When that dirt packs hard between the front and rear cutting edges your box blade unit just wants to float on top of the ground and will not be cutting good. The weight is good for the grading purpose and helps when docking down fresh mounds of new dirt, but when you have a lot of weight and no hinged back blade you can be spending a lot of time digging out the packed dirt between the cutting edges.

Hadn't thought about it like that. Thanks for the perspective.