Woods mower and my CT 225

/ Woods mower and my CT 225 #1  

MoPops

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225, John Deere X540
Quick question.. Anybody pulling a 6' Woods mower (brush hog type) behind a CT225?
I pull a 5' mower now, with zero problems.
My neighbor does not think my little tractor can handle it.
My neighbor passed away late last year, his wife already sold his Kubota tractor (I don't know what model or HP) and box blade.
Any advice appreciated.
Thx!

/ Woods mower and my CT 225 #2  
I am pulling a 5 ft with a 40 hp tractor. would not want one any bigger. I have bought a CT450 and plan to pull a 6 ft with it. Don't think your tractor would handle it.

/ Woods mower and my CT 225 #3  
I have a 5' Woods with high lift blades I use behind my CT235. Pulls it like a champ but I wouldn't want to go to a 6 footer. I can tell you high lift blades require more horsepower, no idea what you are using.

/ Woods mower and my CT 225
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll go look at at it, if it's 6' I think I'll pass. After all, I'm not really having any trouble with what I've got.
Thanks again.

/ Woods mower and my CT 225 #5  
With a CT225 I don't think you would save any time. You could probably pull it on faily level ground but have to go slower, I doubt the extra foot width would offset the ground speed reduction.

/ Woods mower and my CT 225 #6  
Yea 5 foot bushog is just about right. I think a 6 would be a to much. Plus a 6 is probably going to be a lot heavier and take up more room in the shed. Seems like a lot of stress on the hitch especially on a bounce from a bump But that's just me. You could always give it a try if the deal is right and just trade or sell it if it doesn't workout. Just be careful not to stress the tractor or get hurt.

If you do try let us know how it went.