Comparison Workmaster 95 vs TD5050

/ Workmaster 95 vs TD5050 #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
How do these two models compare? I need something to lift a 3300 pound drill reliably. The workmaster is only rated to 3200 lbs lift for the 3 point. The 5050 is 5k+. Can get a used TD 5050 with 2800 hours for 40K (new engine at 2k hours….why??!) and a new work master for 60K.

/ Workmaster 95 vs TD5050 #2  
Yeah, I was a bit aggravated with New Holland's hitch capacities, too. My Workmaster is "only" rated at 3200 pounds, though there is a 6200 pound upgrade option that STUPIDLY cannot be done as an upgrade at the dealer (according to them). Supposedly only available as a factory order.

Buy what suits your needs. Nothing like having not enough capacity. That said, warranty is nice to have...

/ Workmaster 95 vs TD5050
I went through this exercise last year. I needed something to reliably lift my 6 foot great plains no till drill. I ended up buying a Farmall 75 a. It is rated at 4200 pounds lift capacity. What is strange is that other bigger tractors have less lift capacity. The new Hollands included. It’s the same Tractor. I don’t get it.

/ Workmaster 95 vs TD5050 #4  
I went through this exercise last year. I needed something to reliably lift my 6 foot great plains no till drill. I ended up buying a Farmall 75 a. It is rated at 4200 pounds lift capacity. What is strange is that other bigger tractors have less lift capacity. The new Hollands included. It’s the same Tractor. I don’t get it.
Yeah, not sure what's going on with that, either. What gets me is the WorkMaster has a 6200 pound hitch capacity option that I *thought* was available from the dealer. Supposedly it is a factory-only option. I'm getting different stories on that, not sure why it would need to be factory only, as the parts don't sound that complex. ("Optional ram" at 24in has 6200 pound lift capacity according to website...)