Workmaster versus Powerstar

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #1  

Kettlebrook

Tractor
Landini Powerfarm 105
Is it worth the money difference to purchase the Powerstar 120 over the Workmaster 120?

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #2  
Messicks does a decent review comparing a work master 75 to a power star 75. It appears the loader capacity is greater on a power star. I could only guess the 120 would shake out the same. Depends what you need for lifting.

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #3  
If you haven't, go sit in a Workmaster. I knocked it off my list simply because the front loader control was so far forward I had to lean to use it. The Powerstar has a different placement which is much better. And the loader is just much stouter. All you have to do is look at it and you can see the difference. My only real complaint on the PowerStar was the speed of the hydraulics for the loader. Very noticeable difference if you have used a Kubota much.

I am ultimately going Kubota, but the Powerstar was a very close second.

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #4  
If you haven't, go sit in a Workmaster. I knocked it off my list simply because the front loader control was so far forward I had to lean to use it. The Powerstar has a different placement which is much better. And the loader is just much stouter. All you have to do is look at it and you can see the difference. My only real complaint on the PowerStar was the speed of the hydraulics for the loader. Very noticeable difference if you have used a Kubota much.

I am ultimately going Kubota, but the Powerstar was a very close second.
You can actually adjust the loader control by lifting the boot and loosening an Allen screw. But I agree I hated how they had it from factory. I had them adjust mine before I would purchase and it’s 10x better.

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #5  
You can actually adjust the loader control by lifting the boot and loosening an Allen screw. But I agree I hated how they had it from factory. I had them adjust mine before I would purchase and it’s 10x better.
Did you trade off the wm60? How did the wm60 hold up? I followed your old posts on it. Would you still recommend it?

/ Workmaster versus Powerstar #6  
Is it worth the money difference to purchase the Powerstar 120 over the Workmaster 120?
I don't think so. I gave in and bought a WM120 last weekend after finally getting tired of having to ask buddies with tractors to come help on the farm. The PowerStar features are nice but I won't use the extra loader/hitch capacity or other niceties and wanted a simpler machine that I won't feel so bad about working hard. Your needs may differ, but my main purpose will be hay (for self and others) and farm work as well as perhaps some limited crop work. If needs evolve significantly then I'll trade on something else, but that's unlikely and I suspect this'll be my first and only tractor unless I get a smaller ROPS machine for smaller/quick chores on nice days. Whatever you decide, enjoy it!

Last edited:
   / Workmaster versus Powerstar #7  
True. My salesman said he wasn't supposed to tell me what you just pointed out (haha). I left mine as is from the factory -- the position doesn't bother me so wasn't worth moving things 180 degrees.