World Naked Gardening Day

/ World Naked Gardening Day #12  
I'd be more worried about catching my own reflection in a window or something. Besides it's coming onto mosquito season.
Can't argue with that. Easy to prance around feeling cocky as a rooster until a mirror enters the picture!

/ World Naked Gardening Day #13  
Tried it one year; makes it easy to find the ticks before they attach themselves and the poison ivy gets in some pretty private places it normally doesn't find. Other than that, we didn't get any mail for several days; it took some talking to get the mail lady to start delivering on our street again...oh, and I just wish the paper hadn't published our name and address...

/ World Naked Gardening Day #14  
A famous lady gardener , Ruth Stout I think, used to garden topless until her old age as I recall. Seems like liability insurance would be necessary, since she lived near a street.

She used to smother weeds with straw. I tried it and the Bremuda grass ran up the straw faster than I wanted to bring it in. I don't remember reading about her gardening topless. It would have been scarry if I had, she was very old when she first came to my attention.

/ World Naked Gardening Day #15  
She used to smother weeds with straw. I tried it and the Bremuda grass ran up the straw faster than I wanted to bring it in. I don't remember reading about her gardening topless. It would have been scarry if I had, she was very old when she first came to my attention.

I just googled Ruth Stout and was right about her gardening attire.........it was "au naturale". Maybe your straw mulch wasn't deep enough or maybe she was the one that shot herself in the knee when the Bermuda took over.:D
....see post #7.
022.JPGActually I just hoed the potatoes, but I keep my pants on. ... That's why I'm called "oldballs" vs "no balls".

Last edited:
   / World Naked Gardening Day #16  
Here in Michigan its still pretty cold out - kinda nipply,, I mean nippy!!

/ World Naked Gardening Day #19  
Tried it one year; makes it easy to find the ticks before they attach themselves and the poison ivy gets in some pretty private places it normally doesn't find. Other than that, we didn't get any mail for several days; it took some talking to get the mail lady to start delivering on our street again...oh, and I just wish the paper hadn't published our name and address...
Our mail lady can be a little hyper-sensitive also.

/ World Naked Gardening Day #20  
I just googled Ruth Stout and was right about her gardening attire.........it was "au naturale". Maybe your straw mulch wasn't deep enough or maybe she was the one that shot herself in the knee when the Bermuda took over.:D
....see post #7.
View attachment 466498Actually I just hoed the potatoes, but I keep my pants on. ... That's why I'm called "oldballs" vs "no balls".

I think I even ought one of her books. Like I said, she was very old at the time and it's good there was no center fold.
ruth stout topless gardener - Google Search