Worst Christmas gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Worst Christmas gifts #11  
I've purchased three firearms there and none were on sale. When you get there, they say they're sold out. Go back the next day and they have ten in the back--At regular price. :cautious:
That's why you order on-line and then pickup and do the 4473 when you pick it up. Once it's bought they do hold them for a few days for you to pickup. Works for me.....

/ Worst Christmas gifts #13  
I'll go slightly off topic, because I don't follow directions well.

When I was about 10 years old, our local hardware store offered a free promotional drawing to win a 10-speed bicycle. I entered the drawing, and I received a call a few weeks later, saying that I had won!

My dad took me down town, and I learned that, although I had "won," I didn't win first prize. My prize was a bottle of stuff to flush down our toilet, to help our septic tank work better. I was not pleased!

/ Worst Christmas gifts #14  
My family is heavy into gift cards. Not always bad but Academy Sports? I'm 72. What am I going to get at Academy besides ammo? The nearest store is a 50-mile trip.
Grilling supplies, grills, smokers, shoes, boots, carhartt stuff, fishing gear, and workout tights . I agree that if it's 50 miles away, they should have considered something else clower to your home.

We have one locally, and the thing I've purchased the most from them is natural lump charcoal and seasoned firewood for the smoker.

We do get gift cards for my mom. But usually, for one of the restaurants locally in the area she lives in. But she enjoys a lunch or dinner out with the grandkids and is on a fixed income. So that's usually what she will ask for.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #15  
I'll go slightly off topic, because I don't follow directions well.

When I was about 10 years old, our local hardware store offered a free promotional drawing to win a 10-speed bicycle. I entered the drawing, and I received a call a few weeks later, saying that I had won!

My dad took me down town, and I learned that, although I had "won," I didn't win first prize. My prize was a bottle of stuff to flush down our toilet, to help our septic tank work better. I was not pleased!
I bet your dad got a good chuckle out of it That's pretty much my luck if I win something. Although I've done really well off the tool truck Christmas giveaway You break a Christmas ornament, retrieve the paper, and tells you what you won.

Teo years ago, I won a remote-controlled monster truck. (Took care of the grandson).

Last year I won an Axe. Of course this year I missed him last week. So, the Christmas ornaments are probably all busted. If there are any left, I'll probably win a pocket screwdriver

/ Worst Christmas gifts #16  
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not all that easy to buy for. Most things in the price range of gifts I'd likely as not just go out and buy myself, something out of that price range would likely be out of the giver's comfortable price range too.

Then again, I suck at choosing gifts for others, especially women. Clothes are out. Like most guys I'm more than just a little uncomfortable shopping in the women's section, sizing is inconsistent at best and forget about styles. When I was single, it never failed that I always seemed to meet a new ladyfriend around Sept-Oct...long enough so when Christmas rolled around I was on the hook to exchange gifts, but not really knowing her well enough to have any clue what to get. Fortunately, my wife has no illusions that I'm going to choose the "perfect" gift by myself, and she just gives me a list of 3-4 items to choose from. Still the element of surprise but always something she likes. :giggle: I generally do the same for her.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #17  
This may have been a bad gift on my part. My family always drew names, rather than buying something for everybody. One year money was tight and I didn't have anything for my brother. I did have a hard cover book which I had really enjoyed; a collection of 50 mystery short stories, one from each US state. I wrapped that and put it under the tree for him, and have always wondered if he was disappointed.

/ Worst Christmas gifts #19  
Knitted slippers. When I was a teenager. My aunt liked to knit and she knitted all of us slippers one year. They were not only god awful ugly but because they were knitted they were itchy, and the holes made for a really uncomfortable feeling when you walked in them. Yikes, the worst!

/ Worst Christmas gifts #20  
I used to buy my wife clothes for Christmas. After about 5 years of that nonsense she finally told me not to do that anymore. I was good with that. This year she is getting and ice cream maker because she and the grandkids like ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.