Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it?

/ Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it? #21  
So, what's going on then?

These contradicting diagrams are for the auxiliary block in the same Kioti service manual.

This one shows the ports and how the switch controls if the external implement is hydro fed (ie, FEL, etc) but in that position the 3PH isn't being fed any fluid! What?

View attachment 696575

But in this diagram of the same auxiliary block later in the manual, it shows port C being connected to the same port as the 3PH which would in theory send fluid to the 3PH, so if it's legit and since my splitter valve T port is connected there, could it explain why I'm seeing pressure there when I move the 3PH and if so, would a check valve there prevent the pressure from reaching back the splitter valve tank port?

View attachment 696576
Some models of tractors had a selector valve where you could either run the FEL or some aux function or the 3 PH but not both. Some of these blocks also had the option to convert to a series circuit where you could feed the FEL, aux circuits and then the 3PH. Not sure if that is what Kioti is attempting to show or not.

Does your tractor require you to select 3PH or FEL operation?

/ Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it?
The auxiliary block does have a switch but it's to bring pressure to its output port where the FEL connects to. If you have nothing connected through that port, you turn the switch the other way so fluid goes directly to the 3PH. The block has three ports. OUT, IN and R.

Still trying to work on this lol. So according to this post from @MichiganIron and this image from @Jimbrown, the lower left port of my auxiliary block should have a male quick connect coupler. It doesn't. I guess the dealer removed it to connect his tank hose to it. So, if I understand the first post correctly, without the backhoe, the loader PB hose connects to the coupler, giving power back to the 3PH. When the backhoe is hooked, that lower left port is left unplugged (you don't want power to the 3PH when there is a backhoe there in the first place) and the loader PB connects to the backhoe P line, which should also have a male coupler. Am I getting this right this time?

If so, to fix my valve problem, I need to:
  • Replace that valve with one with PB capability;
  • Connect a T to the auxiliary block tank port so I can have both the loader and the valve tank port connected at the same time;
  • Reinstall a male coupler on the lower left port of the auxiliary block (R port)
  • Connect loader PB hose to the P port of the valve
  • Connect the valve T port to the T that was installed
  • Connect the valve PB port to either the backhoe P hose if the backhoe is installed or back to the auxiliary block R port if the backhoe is off
Do I get it right this time?

Edit: Auxiliary block has a male quick coupler, not female so adjusted the text accordingly.

Last edited:
Circling back to this, I'll be trying in the following weeks to fix that valve issue. I *think* I have it figured out as explained in the above post. Anyone see anything seriously wrong with my understanding of this?

Thanks.

/ Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it? #25  
Sylvain
I believe the steps you have outlined sound correct. All valves must be in series for the system to work correctly

Ok so I'm at the cottage and having another look at it, I think I've found a way to simplify it drastically if what I'm thinking works...

Since the loader PB hose is already going to my current valve on the left fender, I don't think there is a need for me to move it back to the aux block like it was originally. Also, the hose from the valve vent port going to the PB Return port on the aux will stay there, but will be connected to my new valve PB port. I'll still add a T to the aux block vent port to connect the new valve vent port there and that's basically all I'll do on the aux block side.

I'll connect the QC at the valve's P side and bring the backhoe's P QC there. So when I'm using the backhoe, I'll disconnect the loader's PB QC from the valve (at the valve) and connect it to backhoe's QC. The valve won't get power when using the backhoe but I can't find a use for it then anyway.

When I'll be taking the backhoe off, I'll reconnect the loader's PB QC to the valve's P QC, making the valve operational again.

Does it matter if I bring the QC at the valve P port instead of the aux block's PB Return port? When the valve is in neutral, it's an open circuit between it's PB port and the P port anyway. Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it? #27  
I presume the aux valve PB is going to feed the 3 point hitch. Is that correct?

I believe everything else is correct

Yes, the valve PB will connect to the Aux block PB Return port which is what feeds the 3PH.

First time using my new valve since I installed it. It fixed the problems I had with that log splitter valve, which were,

1. backfeeding the valve's vent port when raising the 3PH, moving (ie, pushing) the valve's handle. Now the handles (I now have a two spools valve) stay put whenever I move the 3PH;
2. Very jerky movement of the 3PH when reaching its set position. Now it's very smooth.

Thanks all for your help.

/ Would a check valve work and if so, where should I put it? #30  
Thanks for letting us know how you resolved these issues