Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this?

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #11  
I like Woods rear blade built well angels down wards,and for the finish touches I turn blade 180 degrees.

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #12  
The curve built into the blade face makes a huge difference, many blade faces have hardly any curve built in so they don’t cut very well.

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #13  
If you have a hydraulic top link...
...and your box is filling up with decent fill (cut from the high side)...just position the tractor and with the top link retracted just back up pushing the payload to the low side...the BB will actually do a decent job of smoothing...
Depending on the HTL raising the 3PH a tad may be required...

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this?
I just bought a HTL, so I will have that next time I use the BB. I think, from what it folks are advising, most angle blades dont have the weight to cut into the side hill and Ill be using my BB.

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #15  
The best way to get any type of grading blade to get a decent bite is (after setting to an aggressive angle)...make several false starts...slightly reversing each time until the the blade has sunk down for a good bite...

Little machines with light weight implements can do the same work as bigger heavier equipment...it just takes a little longer and a trek up the learning curve...

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #16  
I just bought a HTL,..
you're going to wish you had a hydraulic side link as well...especially with your task at hand...!

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this?
you're going to wish you had a hydraulic side link as well...especially with your task at hand...!
im sure, but that means adding another set of remotes so its not in the cards for now

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #18  
You can do a diverter setup which will act as a splitter giving you multiple outs from 1,
Summit Hydraulics has several complete kits to choose from and they are somewhat reasonable.

/ Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #19  
I have a hydraulic top link. Fantastic addition to any ground engagement implement. There are times when I wish I had hydraulic tilt & angle. But that would have been a significant $$$$ investment - even when I got the tractor new.

When I bought the tractor - I had no idea that I'd ever want/need hyd tilt and angle. I've been able to manage without. To add it now - probably $1500 or more.

My final choices boiled down to Woods and Rhino. I choose Rhino - there is a local dealer for Rhino.

Last edited:
   / Would an angle blade be better than box blade for this? #20  
I have a hydraulic top link. Fantastic addition to any ground engagement implement. There are times when I wish I had hydraulic tilt & angle. But that would have been a significant $$$$ investment - even when I got the tractor new.

When I bought the tractor - I had no idea that I'd ever want/need hyd tilt and angle. I've been able to manage without. To add it now - probably $1500 or more.

My final choices boiled down to Woods and Rhino. I choose Rhino - there is a local dealer for Rhino.
Tractors usually have screw type adjustments on the lift arms so the answer is to lengthen the uphill arm or again shorten the down hill side arm.
Sure weight will help as well for bigger bites.