Would You Loan It Out?

/ Would You Loan It Out? #281  
It is doubtful I would loan out the tractor or any implements, solely because the folks I might trust enough to not break things, and bring it back at least in the shape they bought it in, already have their own gear.

There are a couple I would loan the rock bucket to. Mostly because it is a bit uncommon, most of them don’t have one, and it is solidly built with no moving parts. So, you would have to try hard to break it, and most of our small tractors don’t have enough hydraulics to over stress it.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #282  
That sucks. But the first thing that struck me is in NJ any "transfer" of a weapon that is not done with the proper paperwork is illegal. They have what is called the "gun range exception" which allows someone to let another use their gun.

To loan a rifle you have to fill out a NJSP form, check that the other person has a Firearms ID card and each party keeps a copy of the form. Essentially sell it to them. Pistols may NOT be loaned.

"The applicable statute provides that the legal owner of the firearm, or licensed dealer, may temporarily transfer the firearm to another person who is 18 years of age or older, whether or not the person receiving the firearm holds a firearms purchaser identification card or a permit to carry a handgun. The person to whom the firearm is temporarily transferred may receive, possess, carry and use that weapon, if the transfer is made upon a firing range operated by a licensed dealer, by a law enforcement agency, a legally recognized military organization or a rifle or pistol club.

The law further states that the received firearm can only be used for the sole purpose of target practicing, trap or skeet shooting, competition upon that firing range, or instruction and training. Additionally, the gun may only be handled and used under direct supervision of the owner or dealer. Also, the transfer shall not exceed eight consecutive hours in a 24-hour period. And lastly, the owner or dealer shall not transfer the firearm to any person if he or she knows the person is disqualified from obtaining or holding a gun or any permit or license."
And this is why I won't set foot in NJ and a handful of other moronic states. Kind of a bummer. Wouldn't mind going up to New England for vacation but I guess they have so much money they don't need ours.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #283  
I understand you wanting to help.
In my case I learned many years ago, early in my life (22yrs old) when I lent my motorcycle to a "friend" from work to take another co-worker home.
45min later I received a call telling me he had crashed the bike.
He pulled out in front of a driver who was DUI.
Everybody was hurt but not seriously.
Bike destroyed, car destroyed, owner begged me to not call the police and that he would "pay" for the bike.
Stupidly, I didn't call the police and he did pay for some of the bike.
Had the final payment for the bike in my pocket!
Lesson learned.
I have a Kubota that I bought new and use it around our neighborhood to level an access road, fill in pot holes, cut weeds in my neighbors yards if they want, help people in general.
Lend someone my tractor?, NO! I have a good cover which is my insurance on my Kubota only covers me and no own else.
I don't borrow stuff, if I don't buy it, I will rent it or hire someone to do the job.
Your a good person, but don't get used for your good intentions.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #284  
I once lent my CUT to an ex employee under condition that he traitor it as he lived some 7 miles away.
I had to beg for it's return and the day he did I happened to be working near where he had to pass by.
I was alerted to his arrival by a clashing of gears as he attempted to downshift.
That was the same clown that filled his nail pouch @ 4:30 and again next AM as it was empty.
Yep, he was renovating his home.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #285  
When I think of someone loaning a tractor I recall when my neighbor borrowed another neighbor's tractor to bush hog his place. Ever time he started the tractor after taking a break,the pto was engaged causing starter to drive bush hog while starting. On about the 4th start up the starter was about shot but the guy kept trying to start it even after smoke billowed, and engine quite turning over. Several months later the guy mentioned having to replace starter and cable on his tractor. I asked if warranty covered it and he said no,the dealer insisted it had been abused. He turned every color in the rainbow when I told him what I had witnessed.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #286  
The only tool I lend out belongs to my Tom Cat. He always brings it back in seemingly good condition.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #287  
When I think of someone loaning a tractor I recall when my neighbor borrowed another neighbor's tractor to bush hog his place. Ever time he started the tractor after taking a break,the pto was engaged causing starter to drive bush hog while starting. On about the 4th start up the starter was about shot but the guy kept trying to start it even after smoke billowed, and engine quite turning over. Several months later the guy mentioned having to replace starter and cable on his tractor. I asked if warranty covered it and he said no,the dealer insisted it had been abused. He turned every color in the rainbow when I told him what I had witnessed.
Who bypassed the safety switch allowing it to start with the pto engaged??

SR

/ Would You Loan It Out? #288  
Mine won't start unless the clutch is disengaged. Something is wrong here.

/ Would You Loan It Out? #290  
Unless fools have them bypassed of course.