Would you paint it, or not?

/ Would you paint it, or not? #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
I have a 60" finish mower listed in the classifieds. It is mechanically fine, but not cosmetically -- it has some surface rust. See attached picture...

My question is -- if you were going to buy it, would you prefer to see it as is, or would you prefer to see it with a fresh coat of paint?

Attachments

• 722999-Img_0728.jpg
    722999-Img_0728.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 288
   / Would you paint it, or not?
Personally, I've always been a bit leery of freshly painted, used items, or steam-cleaned engines, etc. I can see past the grime, and would prefer to be able check for leaks, for example...

But, some people like things to look clean and fresh... Here's another view of it.

Would you paint it, if you were me? Or not?

Attachments

• 723000-Img_0729.jpg
    723000-Img_0729.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 219
   / Would you paint it, or not? #3  
Give me a decent price and I will take it as is. I am serious. I don't need it painted. I have a paint can, and I prefer it as is.

Where are the grease fittings on this and how often have you greased the main bearings.

Bob Rip

There's a grease fitting on each arbor, underneath the deck. There's also a grease fitting on the pivot part of the hitch. Then, there's the usual one on each of the front wheels.

I've never really used it, just tested it. It appears to have been greased pretty regularly -- it certainly didn't take a whole lot of grease -- nothing like the one for the rough-cut mower. Other than having been stored outside -- at least some -- it seems to have been pretty well maintained.

/ Would you paint it, or not? #5  
I live near Richmond Va. Do you get down this way? Could you deliver it to this area?

Bob Rip

I'll be travelling down I-81 on September 10th, enroute to Tennessee, and could bring it along. I'll be pulling my PT on a 14' trailer with my Dakota.

/ Would you paint it, or not? #7  
Harrisonburg is a two hour drive from here. I could meet you somewhere in that area.
You could call about two hours before you get there.
I have a Toyota Tundra. Could we load it by hand with the assist of the PT. I also have a trailer and could bring it.

Bob Rip

I've "overnighted" in Harrisonburg before -- nice little town with lots of restaurants and motels.

We could load it by hand, if necessary. It's not as heavy as the bush hog. Rich and I loaded it onto a trailer, over the side, by hand...

/ Would you paint it, or not? #9  
Yes it is a nice town. My daughter goes to college there. I left you a private message.

Bob Rip

I responded to your PM.