Wrapping with solid plastic?

/ Wrapping with solid plastic? #11  
I think I could have misunderstood the term solid plastic. The plastic I was talking about looks indeed like the plastic used for wrapping pallets. There are several movie on Youtube. I think this one, Balen persen en wikkelen - YouTube shows very well what I was talking about. It starts with a huge baler and gives a good impression of the wrapping of the bales.
cheers
andries

/ Wrapping with solid plastic? #12  
The plastic they use now as far as I know is a heavy self adhesive poly film. I would think ordinary shrink wrap would be much cheaper than the stuff I have seen used in my area.

/ Wrapping with solid plastic? #13  
The plastic used for the bales is fitted to the machine and is UV protected for long term outdoor use. Ordinary clear shrink wrap wouldn't last long exposed to sunlight. Plus the hay would deteriorate more when exposed to sunlight. The same stuff they use for the hay is what they use for weather wrap protection for long storage and shipping of boats and equipment. It can be shrunk by heat to some extent. Usually not self adhestive.

/ Wrapping with solid plastic? #14  
Were you able to use plastic wrap on the NH BR7060 ?

/ Wrapping with solid plastic?
Were you able to use plastic wrap on the NH BR7060 ?

No, I never did try it. I stayed with net wrap. From what I've been reading, the plastic could trap excess moisture inside and possibly cause even more spoilage. The bale needs to breathe.