Wrestling a forty year old brushhog!

/ Wrestling a forty year old brushhog! #21  
I got a piece of chicken wire wrapped around the driveshaft of my pickup once... that was enough of a pain to cut out. I can picture what a mess barbed wire can make of a bush hog at 540 rpms.

I can tell you from experience, it isn't fun.

/ Wrestling a forty year old brushhog! #22  
I got a piece of chicken wire wrapped around the driveshaft of my pickup once... that was enough of a pain to cut out. I can picture what a mess barbed wire can make of a bush hog at 540 rpms.

Try cutting old barbed wire out of the drive sprockets of an old TD-18. It happened to my neighbor. I was lucky. When I saw the page wire coming over the track of my dad's D6 I stopped. It didn't take days to cut it out.

/ Wrestling a forty year old brushhog!
A month or so ago I was mowing around the outside edges of some CRP land with my little Kioti. It has a FEL and I can push limbs, etc. out of the way with it so I spend a day going around all the fields cleaning them up.

Anyway, I was mowing along a fence trying to not get in the ancient woven wire laying on the ground. Suddenly I saw the world's largest snake keeping pace with me thru the weeds. That thing was bigger around than my leg and the thought ran thru my mind that it could probably take me off the little tractor with no problem. No kidding, that thought went thru my mind. A few seconds later the 'snake' came out of the weeds and I realized it was a very long treated post that was being pushed along by the front of the mower. Neighbor had dropped it off doing some fencing last year and forgot about it. It looked like half of a telephone pole and about twelve feet long.

This just shows the dangers of daydreaming while operating powered equipment. I did go back to the truck on the next round and strap on my single shot 410 snake killer.

RSKY