X300 wont turn over

/ X300 wont turn over #1  

gasman1075

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2032R
I have been having issues with my X300 starting for a year or so. Deal suggested changing the solenoid so $22 later i replaced the old with new MIU125337. There are two large terminals battery to top post then bottom post two wires to starter. The two smaller posts one has a ground wire black going to the bracket and then there is a purple wire. I am unsure which post gets the purple wire top or bottom any help would be appreciated I have working on this blasted thing all day.

Thanks in advance

/ X300 wont turn over #2  
It doesn't matter on these small terminals. 12 volts should be present on the purple when the key is turned. BTW the the larger terminal on the solenoid that goes to the battery has the extra wire.

/ X300 wont turn over
Thank you. But it doesn't matter if the purple wire is on the bottom terminal or the top ? The other smaller gauge wire goes to ground at the bracket

/ X300 wont turn over #4  
The two small wires can be on either post. But only one wire on the lug to the starter, two on the battery solenoid lug.

/ X300 wont turn over
thanks I will check that. I have two on the bottom post going to the starter and one on the top post going to the positive side of the batter