X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line #1  

JonofMillsRiver

Tractor
2019 X590 54”
Good afternoon,

I have a concerning question in regards to an issue that just occurred. I have a 2019 X590 and always noticed the trans oil level is always just on the add line when cold. So I added probably 1 or 2 oz of JD low viscosity HY-Gard to bring the level to just under full. This is a cold reading. After running the mower for about an hour and a half or so I pulled it in the garage and noticed the trans oil has suddenly turned dark. Not too dark but toasty looking. It’s reading way over full as a hot reading which I hope is normal. Should I be concerned about the fluid turning dark all of the sudden. Strange
Mower has only 35 hours on the clock.

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line #2  
Can you post a photo of what the reservoir tank looks like? I have a X500 and find that the level of the oil in the reservoir varies quite a bit according to the ambient temperature. During the summer with warm temperatures it stays right on the Full mark all season (observed after tractor has sat in the garage overnight). But when the temperatures turn cold the level drops down to the "Add" line. Obviously, if I were to add fluid in cold weather it would over fill the reservoir when the outside temperature increases.

I have noticed that it takes a few ounces of fluid to go from Add to Full.

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line
Pic attached.
47A55BB1-0448-4643-AC82-8B39E04DFF81.jpeg

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line #4  
Some change in color due to the exchange of the fluid into the expansion tank wouldn't be abnormal. At 35 hours, all should be happy. Isn't a 50 hour change recommended by Deere? The majority never do the initial change, but if you are concerned- go ahead and change the oil. I changed one last week that had its first change at 400 hours and the oil still looked happy, but definitely darker than out of the bottle low vis. Welcome to the forum BTW.

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line
Thank you very much. I was thinking maybe the additional oil brought in some additional from further up on the trans. Your mentioning that the tank is only for expansion...

Is there a temp range for the exterior of the trans case one might keep a eye on? Please pardon my OCD.

Thanks for the welcome.
Will do a change at 50 hours.

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line #6  
Thank you very much. I was thinking maybe the additional oil brought in some additional from further up on the trans. Your mentioning that the tank is only for expansion...

Is there a temp range for the exterior of the trans case one might keep a eye on? Please pardon my OCD.

Thanks for the welcome.
Will do a change at 50 hours.
Just follow your owners manual and you'll be fine.

/ X590 Trans fluid turned dark after adding small amount to fill line #7  
That coloring looks very similar to the oil in my X500 reservoir tank.

As someone else mentioned, the tank really isn't a "reservoir" as it only hold a few ounces of oil. It is more of a "overflow" or "expansion" tank. As I mentioned previously, my level will change from FULL to ADD just based on the change in ambient temperature from summer to winter.