X7 signature series seat switch adjustment

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Anyone had success making the seat switch less sensitive on an X700? I took mine (X739) out today and added a piece of 1/4" hard foam inside the cup using double sided tape. This compresses the switch plunger by about that much (~25% length compression). It didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Every time I lean off the seat a little bit to look backwards, the tractor wants to die. I want the switch to work, but it is way too sensitive. I'm also concerned my wife won't be able to use it without it constantly trying to cut out on her. The way it's designed - up in the seat, just under the cloth, I'm not sure any amount of adjustment is going to work. If you are not putting pressure right on the center of the seat, it will try to cut out. I'm hoping once the seat gets broken in, it'll be soft enough to reduce this sensitivity.

Are others experiencing this? Anyone got other ideas without defeating the switch entirely?

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment #2  
eat more donuts!
:D

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment
Funny! I think I eat too many of those already. I did use it today for the first time since adding the spacer and it seemed to be less sensitive. My wife in the seat will be the real test. And she won't get out there until the temps rise above 60. Might be a while yet.

eat more donuts!
:D

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment #4  
yea, i hear ya there, we're below 0 again , today was sunny but raw/cold
maybe 40 by the end of the week they are saying,
maple season is late!

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment #5  
It may vary from seat to seat, my 4520 and x749 are just right in that I can stay seated and turn around. The 110tlb is more sensitive, leaning forward a little cuts the seat switch out, usually have to move the seat up farther than I wan't to do loader work.

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment
It may vary from seat to seat, my 4520 and x749 are just right in that I can stay seated and turn around. The 110tlb is more sensitive, leaning forward a little cuts the seat switch out, usually have to move the seat up farther than I wan't to do loader work.

On mine, if you lean onto the side, relieving pressure in the center of the seat, it wants to cut out. The design is such that it is not about weight on the seat. But, the weight has to be in the center of the seat. My 425 is a "better" design. I can push on the seat back with one hand and start the tractor standing up. Here it is weight anywhere on the seat. Maybe the new design is deliberate where they don't want you hanging off the seat at all. Occasionally a tree limb will knock off my hat and I have to lean over to pick it up. Or I might lean over to pick up trash. That won't be happening on this new machine. It probably sits too high for this anyway. Again maybe the reason for the center of seat design. The wife will be the real test. But, I won't let her use it as an excuse to gain weight ;)

/ X7 signature series seat switch adjustment #7