XC drag build

/ XC drag build #101  
Like carbide wear bars on snowmobile skis?

/ XC drag build
I'm taking Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off and work on this project. Boss says i don't do much anyway. 🤣

Last edited:
   / XC drag build
I was suppose to be at the school shop this am but high winds cause school to be canceled but I will get in to do work shortly. Here is a print and pic of skags on implements. In the photo, the skag is below the frame at the bottom right.

Drag rebuild skags (DL).jpg
1639666221287.png

/ XC drag build #105  
Kind of like a rudder

/ XC drag build
All parts made for two hitches and one was assembled yesterday. These are forged lift rings being welded on. Gosh those things are strong! All the square tubing you see is 2x2 with 3/16 walls. Any questions?
P1030066.jpg

P1030064.jpg

I should have took a pic of that 1/4 thick reinforcement plate before I welded it on. Can anyone guess why those 1" holes are punched in it?
P1030075.jpg

A dog leg was added to it..
P1030074.jpg

P1030075.jpg

Last edited:
   / XC drag build #107  
A place to store extra Hitch Pins? What are the rectangular "belt loops for"?

/ XC drag build
A place to store extra Hitch Pins? What are the rectangular "belt loops for"?
No, we do, as most XC groomers do, use a mini pintles so there is no pin. This is what they look like.
swt hitch open.jpg

pintlehitches3.jpg

The belt loops are to run wires in for actuators on the implement. The holes you see in the hitch are for zip-tying the wires down. I can punch 1" holes as easy as 1/4 ones.

Last edited:
   / XC drag build
Here is a pic of me cutting out that 1/4 thick hitch reinforcement top plate. Its about 6" wide and 52" long. It was to wide for me to make a single cut, on the left and right sides.
P1030097.jpg

/ XC drag build
I got lots done but it doesn't look like much. :rolleyes: The 2x2 angles with the holes on the front will hold the harrow teeth.
P1030168.jpg