XJ2025 Hydraulic adjustment location?

/ XJ2025 Hydraulic adjustment location? #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I picked up my new to me 2020 XJ2025H with 18 hours on it today. By the time I got home from the road trip it was dark. All unloaded and safe in the shed for the night. While playing around a bit, I put on new my pallet forks and tried to lift a pallet of firewood and it wouldn’t budge. Of course it had been sitting out in the rain all day and was soaked. I moved the pallet a couple days ago with my old JD which is rated to lift 910# at the pin to full height. The XJ is supposed to lift 1276, I know my wood was wet, but I thought it may lift at least what the old JD did. WHERE is the mysterious loader valve somewhere under the seat that needs the 1/4 to 1/2 turn to the right? Anyone have photos? Is there any other hydraulic adjustments to be made? TIA

/ XJ2025 Hydraulic adjustment location? #2  
To answer your question, I have no idea where the loader control valve is located on your machine, but probably under the joystick someplace.

But what I'm trying to figure out is why you need to make any adjustment to the FEL. This is not common, as far as I know, and if your having trouble, might be an indicator of something else wrong.
Does the tractor attempt to lift the load? Can you feel and hear the hydraulics? Does the rear end feel like its lifting up?
Without a load on the FEL, does the it rise quickly at full RPM? Does it stutter or move very slow? You are attempting to lift the load at high RPM?
Another thing to consider is the lifting capacity all together. The lifting capacity is at the pins, behind the quick attach. If you have long forks on, and the load is at the end of those forks, that puts extra leverage on the FEL. Think an unbalanced teeter-totter with a fat kid on the long end. Your load maybe too heavy.

/ XJ2025 Hydraulic adjustment location? #3  
I'd recommend having a pressure gauge hooked up as you make adjustments.

Last edited:
   / XJ2025 Hydraulic adjustment location?
Thanks for the replies. I’ve owned my old JD tractor for 14 years and understand “lift at the pin” rear ballast and the whole bit. My old tractor lists 910# at the pin, the new one 1276# at the pin. It wouldn’t lift the pallet the old tractor did. I have read somewhere you can tweak the settings slightly and improve. I’ll play with it more this evening and see what I find out.