XJ2025H Mid mount mower issues

/ XJ2025H Mid mount mower issues #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
XJ2025 mid mount mower help-. I was in my final mow of the year and was about 20 minutes in and the engine bogged down and died. I shut off the PTO and restarted, turned back on the PTO and the mower ran for a few seconds then with again. I have traced it down to the center spindle, it's either a bearing or the gearbox. Has anyone else had issues like this? I won't be able to tear into it for a couple months....still recovering from rotator cuff surgery and am limited on activity. TIA.

/ XJ2025H Mid mount mower issues
I did a little one-arm diagnosis today and found out a seal/bearing at the rear of the gearbox housing appears to be faulty and the shaft was a little wobbly in the hole. All the gears inside appear ok. Hopefully just replacing the rear seal/bearing assembly will take care of it.

I finally tore into my mower. Looks like a bearing and a seal gave out on the gearbox. It is a modular 2 piece design, so I pulled off the offending part and thought it would be an easy fix, just replace a bearings and seal. Turns out it also damaged 1 part of the the 2 piece housing. No problem, I called my local dealer thinking I could replace the 1 component, but as bad luck would have it….no parts available for repair. You have to replace the whole gear box assembly. At $650 it’s pretty salty. Anyone have a hookup on cheap LS parts? Thanks,

/ XJ2025H Mid mount mower issues #4  
I wouldn't know one from the other, but I think Taesung builds them for LS, TYM, KIOTI. Maybe that gives you more better options?

Thanks,

/ XJ2025H Mid mount mower issues #6  
LS makes tractors for New Holland - I'd check with them first before the others. Call a New Holland dealer and tell them what you're looking for.

Took my housing to a local machine shop, going to rebuild and mill out for a new bearing.