XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #1  

Icenam

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
DPF regen indicator and DPF temp dash lights come on frequently. I've changed all the fluids, filters etc and am at 500 hrs. "Betsy" keeps losing rpms and power. RPMs fluctuate up and down. Changed fuel and fuel filters again plus air filters just in case. Am I looking in the wrong direction? I keep it in a heated garage and working it at abour 20f outside.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #2  
Welcome to TBN.....................
I'll be watching this thread for your solution. I've owned my 3037HC since new (I believe Feb 2014) but I'm only at 365 hrs. So far without problems. I keep mine in a semi heated garage (about 35-40 deg.F) and mainly use for snow plowing. I always keep my RPM's about 2200 and regens have gone through about every 5 hrs.
Is it possible your fuel has been contaminated with some water?
Only other suggestion I can think of is to check both ends of each battery cable for good connections.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.
I'm in the same boat. Heated garage, snow plowing, etc. Like I said fuel filters changed regular. Only thing I haven't looked into is draining the fuel tank. Not sure how to even do that. BTW if it starts up just fine wouldn't that mean battery cable connection is ok? Just asking because I am new to the LS.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #4  
Does it happen under load or sitting idle? The throttle control on many models is electronic and have been known to fail and even recalled on some units. If it just randomly changes RPMs while sitting, this could be the culprit.

It happens both under load and just traveling. Doesn't idle steady while just sitting. BTW when you let it regen are the RPMs still supposed to stay up at 2000 plus or can you let it idle down a bit?

Does anyone know for sure if this 3037 has an electronic control for the throttle?

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #7  
Welcome to TBN.....................
I'll be watching this thread for your solution. I've owned my 3037HC since new (I believe Feb 2014) but I'm only at 365 hrs. So far without problems. I keep mine in a semi heated garage (about 35-40 deg.F) and mainly use for snow plowing. I always keep my RPM's about 2200 and regens have gone through about every 5 hrs.
Is it possible your fuel has been contaminated with some water?
Only other suggestion I can think of is to check both ends of each battery cable for good connections.
Regen every 5 hours ? To me that seems very excessive ! My LS XR4155 has only regenerated twice in 180 hours.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #8  
Does anyone know for sure if this 3037 has an electronic control for the throttle?
It shows an electronic throttle in the parts page. You should see wires at the base of the throttle.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #10  
I had the hand throttle issue with my XR4145 a couple years ago. It had very similar symptoms. To suggest an answer to your question about regen RPM, when I first got mine, I mistakenly lowered the rpm during a regen (1800-ish), and the RPM started to fluctuate up and down. The idea is to keep the engine working hard to keep the exhaust temp up and burn the soot. It seems to like at least 2200RPM for regen. That's my experience anyway.