Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,421  
..........Snip................ Imagine living your whole life inside 4 walls without a yard around all these other people.

I tried it once long time ago - paid one month rent but was out of there in under three weeks!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
#1,423  
Barring some kind of medical situation where I might be forced into a care facility (waiting for the end), I don't plan on having another home within several hundred feet of me again.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,424  
Around here, contractors are booked out at least a year, there just isn't enough people to go around. They're still plowing ahead with new construction, BUT they're ALL high density apartments and town homes. It's sick, and i hate it, I don't understand why anyone would want to live there. But they sell at record speed, typically sight unseen, before they're finished. Imagine living your whole life inside 4 walls without a yard around all these other people.
Same here, very high density with all the vehicles and garbage cans out front. I just cash purchased an investment/rental house with a flat 1.25 acres and was lucky to get it. I was going to make an offer on another that needs some work, called around before doing so and found all the contractors are booked into next year or so. So I passed on that one. I'd do the work myself but I have too many projects on my main properties.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,425  
Same here, very high density with all the vehicles and garbage cans out front. I just cash purchased an investment/rental house with a flat 1.25 acres and was lucky to get it. I was going to make an offer on another that needs some work, called around before doing so and found all the contractors are booked into next year or so. So I passed on that one. I'd do the work myself but I have too many projects on my main properties.
Close to home?

My long distance Thurston County rent house is a challenge at times… simple things I could take care of become expensive.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,426  
Barring some kind of medical situation where I might be forced into a care facility (waiting for the end), I don't plan on having another home within several hundred feet of me again.

Like this? This makes me want to puke, although it’s probably better than a row home.
There’s probably several hundred together like this.
IMG_5730.JPG

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,427  
Rapidly rising mortgage interest rates are or will be slowing new home starts. For those committed future homeowners I sure hope they locked in a low rate earlier somehow.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,428  
My rate has been zero since 2014… and will remain so 😂

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,430  
2008 for me. Fantastic weight was gone. :) Whatever happened I always would have a place to sleep.
Indeed. We built a pole barn this year with cash as well… meanwhile I have coworkers lamenting their $4000/mo mortgages. 😳 They also drive new cars… etc. My newest is a 2007, but a $500k paid off property has been my greatest accomplishment. I don’t need a pretty depreciation piece, if it means I lI’ve in a home owned by a large bank. My first promise to my family, was to secure a roof over their heads.