Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #31  
OSB went from 11.99 to $21 a sheet in just a few days. Studs went up from $3.99 to $5.99. I had 5 bundles of OSB ordered and paid for from Lowe’s and they cancelled my order.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
Looks like I picked the right month to stop buying stuff.

airplane6.gif

I went a bit overboard (pun intended) the first part of the year. A month or two ago, I got the bulk of things done and just stopped. Still have some bits to do, but looked at the bank accounts and decided to hold off for a while and let things re-charge. Not sure when I'll pick up again, but it may be awhile if these prices continue. At the very least, things will need to be scaled down.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #33  
Yep. PT is hard to find and usually sold before it’s off the truck here.

You can appliances to the list too. Our fridge compressor died post power outage and quote is $900 to fix it (likely a $1200 fridge 5 years ago). So you say buy a new one buy lost are backordered 2-3 months!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #34  
It is my fault, every time we start a large project, lumber prices triple. We started building a 20x32 deck on the back of our house. I've had to scour every where to find the lumber and pay out the nose for it. Did the same thing when we built our Pole Barn Garage. OSB went from $3.99 a sheet to $19.99 a sheet.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #35  
I’ve got 2 decks to build and pressure treated is so expensive/can’t even get I’m gonna pour a concrete patio instead. I hate wood decks anyway.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #36  
I've been thinking about adding a garage to my house but with this info it may not happen this year. The housing market is crazy up here. My son sold his house a couple months ago after the first day of showings and of course got more than asking price and no contingencies. Friends just put their house on the market last week asking price in the low 260k, they had 45 people look at it the first day they allowed people in. They accepted an offer very close to 300k. Now they will have to find a place to live. Maybe I should just sell and live in an RV where it's warmer. :D

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
I've got two fairly small projects planned, but I'm not sure I want to do them at $20 for a 4x4x12.

Did I read a post saying circuit breakers are affected?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #38  
I've got two fairly small projects planned, but I'm not sure I want to do them at $20 for a 4x4x12.

Did I read a post saying circuit breakers are affected?
Square D Homeline breakers are in short supply, others seem somewhat picked over at the local big box stores.

Aaron Z

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #39  
I had a screened porch quoted and they said no cedar until October....maybe

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #40  
We, at least garbage disposers aren't in short supply. Ours took a dump Sunday and went to Menards and bought the same one we had that puked (was 5 years old) for the same price I paid 5 years ago. Cashier asked if I wanted the extended warranty. I asked how long. She said 2 years. I passed, The last one lasted 5 years.

Wonder how much the composite decking has increased in price. If I was to replace a deck, I believe I'd use the composite stuff instead.