Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #771  
Lol. He posted at $50 and i instinctively offered $40, because apparently i cannot resist haggling. If he had pushed back whatsoever i woulda gladly paid 50.

the 2x4s are new… I basically got all the posts for free.
I did go and try to look up the 6x6 prices. $65 each for “cedar-tone” 10’ers which is all our Home Depots have in stock here.

Well - I was only off by 10x!!!

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #772  
We need to plant more of these ...

1623640015434.png

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #773  
Supply and demand. People are stupid to pay these prices and the suppliers/sellers will gladly take your money. That’s sets a precedent and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to lower prices when people buy into the inflation. We’re doing it to ourselves.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #774  
It's topping out. It will probably make one more final run to the price top, and then fall. The lumber play is over, money has moved on...

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #776  
And the sky does have a limit. Then it's out-of-this-world, Space the final frontier, BOLDLY go where no lumber prices have gone before.

:alien:

:ROFLMAO:

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #777  
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #779  
On our local Craigslist, there are people selling literal scrap wood for almost big box store prices. Then there are the guys who either saw this coming or are a part of the problem. They are listing wood material for higher than 6 months ago but barely less than retail now (June 14, 2021). Not 1 or 2 pieces but skids of plywood, OSB, racks of 2x4’s and 2x6’s. Honestly, it looks like they bought the material Sox months ago and are listing it now with box store prices at insane levels. They won’t sell at 1 or 2, but by the skid/pallet (or what ever the freight delivery size is called).

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #780  
Was it east of eden? where one of the sons, anticipating a war, bought grain? futures and made a boatload of money....to give to his dad.

Dad was not impressed and possibly ashamed of his son making profit by taking advantage of a war.

But that is why it's called fiction.

Last edited: