Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest
Re: Yankee Ingenuity at it\'s Finest

jbrewer,
That is a thought, kind of like they have on some delivery vans, so they can see behind them. At the present time the only rear attachment I have is a 72" rake. So another mirror is a second priority at the moment.
After using the tractor the other night after dark, my next priority is additionl front and rear lighting and enhanced safety lighting. As I stated in an earlier post, I am considering installing strobes in the two factory hazard flashers. That would take care of both front and rear with one set of clear strobe tubes.
If anybody has found a Good Low Profile flood type lamp I would be most interested.

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #32  

I'm not sure white strobes would be legal in my state? I'd be careful modifying the safety lighting. Had enough lawsuits against people around here who wanted to lend a hand, & got sued for not having the proper lighting/ signage for doing towing. If you have original equipment, then the manufaturer gets in on helping to defend you. If you gut out the ambers, then you are on your own.

Also check your alternator output rating. Doesn't take a whole lot of extra lights to overdo it on some of the compacts.

--->Paul

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest

In the state of New Hampshire, it is legal to run amber in the front and amber or red in the rear. I have been running saftey and emergancy lighting for quite some years and one of the things I was very careful about was checking on was was legal and or allowed.
By installing white strobe tubes in the factory hazard lights, I am going to be betting an Amber flash from them not a white flash. I am not gutting the factory lights. I am merely drilling a 1" hole in the factory assembly and installing a rather small clear strobe bulb.
Attached is a photo of a 2 head strobe kit

Attachments

• 249369-2 Head Strobe Kit.bmp
    28.2 KB · Views: 259
   / Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #34  

Nice looking installation! I have thought about something like that, but working my property brings me in contact with some low-hanging branches that I fear would snag a pipe protruding down from the canopy like that. Something to watch for if you have to go in the woods with it.