Yanmar 3t80uj swap

/ Yanmar 3t80uj swap #1  

jpt97

Tractor
John Deere 750
I have a jd 750 with a hole in one cylinder looking for a replacement engine or “upgrade” anyone how of another engine that would fit?

/ Yanmar 3t80uj swap #3  

/ Yanmar 3t80uj swap
Yanmar 3T80 engine, no? I see a block on Ebay for $550. Condition unknown.
Yes 3t80uj engine. I know the engine can be rebuilt. Just wondering if I can do a quick swap with a different engine before I rebuild the engine in it

/ Yanmar 3t80uj swap #5  
Yes 3t80uj engine. I know the engine can be rebuilt. Just wondering if I can do a quick swap with a different engine before I rebuild the engine in it
If you know the condition of the swapping engine, it could be a win or a loose situation. Swapping does have the benefit of less down time and a faster up and running machine.

There were very minor differences of the Yanmar 3T80U vs. the 3T80UJ. IF in a pinch, you could swap the Yanmar 3T80U kin into the machine.

/ Yanmar 3t80uj swap #6  
If you know the condition of the swapping engine, it could be a win or a loose situation.
I still feel terrible about suggesting a YM240 I saw on Ebay to someone needing an engine. "light rollover, engine and transmission available". Based on my comment and the Ebay description, he bought the engine and paid a lot for shipping.

The engine was a disaster. Run without oil or something.

Turned out the YM240 was total junk and was on the way to the junkyard on a junk, overloaded trailer when the rig swerved into the ditch. I'm sorry, poor YM240 engine guy! :(