Yanmar Grapple

/ Yanmar Grapple #1  

Steelworker17

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
I just purchased a Yanmar SA424. It's a great tractor but it uses it's own proprietary quick attach on the front bucket. What are my options for attaching a grapple? Apparently Yanmar does not make one for this tractor.

/ Yanmar Grapple #2  
I put a bolt on toothbar and a thumb from Green's Machine, been very happy with this set up. I have a pin on bucket, which would be a pita to switch back and forth. Easy to remove the thumb if necessary, I run mine from the rear remotes. Several other guys on here use this set up also, check out some of their threads.
Bill

/ Yanmar Grapple #3  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. If somebody doesn't come along - you will just have to call those that you like and ask about compatibility. Just to keep your heart pumping - this is what I have. Land Pride SGC 1560 grapple - WR Long 3rd function valve - modified OEM grill guard.
IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

/ Yanmar Grapple #4  
I just purchased a Yanmar SA424. It's a great tractor but it uses it's own proprietary quick attach on the front bucket. What are my options for attaching a grapple? Apparently Yanmar does not make one for this tractor.

A bit of up front expense, but long term... remove the Yanmar proprietary QH and replace with a SSQH. Change out the back of your bucket. Then when you want forks or whatever it is a standard QH. Worse case is you have to have the boxes and spacers between the boxes welded up to fit your machine.

/ Yanmar Grapple
Thanks everyone for your input. You've given me a couple of great ideas. I wasn't crazy about cutting the ears off my bucket but I guess that's what would need to happen if I want to use it on a SS mount. I'm going to check out the thumb setup as well.

OOsik, nice grapple. Exactly what I want!

/ Yanmar Grapple #6  
I've found that Land Pride makes consistently good products. And they will, usually, have a type and size to fit most any tractor. I had the local Kubota dealer instal the 3rd function and grapple - seven years ago.

The grapple has remained on the FEL and I've never had a reason to go back to the bucket.

/ Yanmar Grapple #7  
The Yanmar quick attach looks like it would be pretty easy to pattern and have cut out at your local welding shop. I'm sure you could just weld them onto a skid steer mount or order a grapple with no mount and have them fitted.

Here is a company that sells the mount plates.

/ Yanmar Grapple #8  
Does Yanmar have an adapter to go to skid steer? Or see if there's an aftermarket company that makes an adapter to go Yanmar to SS - then you can hook any ss attachment to your tractor plus keep your tractor/bucket as stock.

The above adds a bit of weight/offset to your loader which would lowers it's overall lift capacity slightly. That would be the biggest downside.

Lastly if such an adapter doesn't exist it would be easy enough to make one, and would involve less work then making an ss quick attach/modifying your bucket.

...Lol, I typed up all the above then saw the link that TractorGuy posted. I agreee with TractorGuy - see you you can't get the grapple with a blank and then get the Yanmar option added on. Either by them or do that yourself.

E.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

John Deere 430 T (A34236)
John Deere 430 T...
New Paladin Industrial US 70 Vibratory Screen (A33349)
New Paladin...
Panels (A33041)
Panels (A33041)
3 John Deere upright arms (A34236)
3 John Deere...
2001 Jcb 330L Excavator (A33041)
2001 Jcb 330L...
Jet 5"x6" Band Saw (A33349)
Jet 5"x6" Band Saw...