Yanmar panel lights staying on

/ Yanmar panel lights staying on #1  

kempryan28

Tractor
Yanmar YM 276D
Hey all I have a yanmar 276D that when I turn the key to the off position and remove it the panel lights stay on. The only way I can get them off is to remove the battery cables. Curiously it shut off the last time I powered down but when I went back out an hour later I saw the lights back on again.

Where should I look to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

/ Yanmar panel lights staying on #2  
Sounds like an ignition switch is in your future.

We were talking recently here on the site about how odd it was that the older USA Yanmars had several systems that were unusually sensitive to moisture. Don't know that the ignition switch was mentioned, but it had some springs that rusted internally.

Water protection for that switch consisted of a cover that pivoted to one side. Very handy for keeping out horizontally windblown rain - but not much else.

However, the YM276D was certainly one of the finest models Yanmar ever made. You are lucky.
Here is an old price sheet for the optional loader.
rScotty

1685291682204.jpeg

Howe

/ Yanmar panel lights staying on
Thanks for the info and cool old documents. Yeah I have the a later model with the YFL 1075. We love that tractor.

I’ll go check out hoye for the ignition switch. Thanks again!

Just following up on this with you both as you seem to know these rigs well… I replaced the ignition switch a while back and it did not fix it. The lights remain on when the tractor is off and key is out. My solution was to unplug the dash panel completely but o sure would like to have my lights back for functionality during cold starts, temp monitoring etc.

Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.

/ Yanmar panel lights staying on #6  
Just following up on this with you both as you seem to know these rigs well… I replaced the ignition switch a while back and it did not fix it. The lights remain on when the tractor is off and key is out. My solution was to unplug the dash panel completely but o sure would like to have my lights back for functionality during cold starts, temp monitoring etc.

Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.
Get a meter on the ignition switch and confirm your connected to a switched power terminal and not an unswitched spare.

/ Yanmar panel lights staying on #7  
Tractor Data showing 276-336 so here's the 336Dia. Notice the Lamp Chk. relay?

Attachments

• 336D wiring diagram0001.pdf
    597.6 KB · Views: 45
Tractor Data showing 276-336 so here's the 336Dia. Notice the Lamp Chk. relay?
Thank you. That might be it… should I just order a new relay and replace it then go from there?