Yanmar Quality

/ Yanmar Quality #11  
I want a Kubota or Kioti. However, the Yanmar 35HP tractor seems more economical, especially with the 10 year powertrain Warranty.

I am interested in hearing your experience with the Yanmar tractors.

This would be used on 6-7 acre property for snow removal, and moving fallen trees, and starting a small food plot as well.

Thanks
If Yanmar quality today is the same as it was in 1980 then I would be happy buying a new Yanmar. I have owned a 1980 or 1981 (not sure of the year) Yanmar YM2310 for a bit over a year now. It came with an aftermarket Front End Loader (FEL). It was originally imported from Vietnam and supposedly rebuilt when the guy I bought it from bought it maybe 10 years ago. He left it outside in the PNW for 2 years before I bought it. It would not start because of rodent piss on the battery cable. Once I figured that out it started right up with the 2 year old fuel in the tank and fuel system. It did have some problems from sitting outside in the rain for 2 years but they were minor and I fixed them. But aside from that the machine works great. And I use it a lot caring for my 10 or 12 acres. I bought a Yanmar tiller for it and it works great too. I use the machine for tilling, drilling holes with the auger, grading with the box blade, lifting stuff with the clamp on forks, moving rocks, dirt, and wood with the FEL. It has never let me down and I do not baby it. 40 plus years old and who knows what kind of work the machine was used for before I bought it and it still runs and works great. I am really impressed with the PowerShift transmission. This transmission allows shifting without using the clutch because it uses 4 internal automatic hydraulic clutches. After over 40 years this transmission works like new giving the tractor 15 forward and 3 reverse speeds. I am very impressed with my Yanmar machine.
Eric

/ Yanmar Quality #12  
Yanmar made tractors for JD for over
20 years that should tell you something.
I have had my YT235C for a year and
really like it no problems so far and I do
believe that they have a 3 year bumper to
bumper warranty also. can't find that info
now. There was a nice rebate and vets get
a discount also.
I think I burn a gallon per hour at 2200 rpm

willy

GUYS DON'T FORGET TO RUN YOUR A/C
UNITS FOR AT LEAST 15 TO 20 MINUTES
IN THE WINTER TO KEEP THE SEALS FROM
FROM DRYING OUT EACH MONTH!!!!!

/ Yanmar Quality
I have had my Yanmar YT359C coming up on 5 years this coming Jan. and have had no problems what so ever and the IHMT transmission is outstanding, a very well built tractor. I am very satisfied with it.
Great information, thanks for sharing. Curious - what made you choose a snowplow over a snow blower attachment?

/ Yanmar Quality
I bought the Yanmar SA425 in the late summer of this year brand new. I was originally looking for a Kubota but couldn't find the one I wanted, new or used with a loader. So started looking at other brands. Ended up buying the Yanmar out of lack of Kubota's. So glad I did. I've owned a Kubota B7800 years ago and it was a very nice tractor but I like my Yanmar better.

If you haven't owned or operated a newer Yanmar, you don't know what you are missing. Most JD subCompacts and compacts, and even their 500/700/800 series mowers have Yanmar engines in them, that should tell you something.

You could pull off the tasks you are discussing with the SA425 on that acreage with no problem. But that YT359 is a sweet tractor if you have the coinage. Good luck.
I just called the Yanmar dealer in my area and they are sold out of the YT235. I pretty sure that you are right about the SA425 doing what I need it to do but I would rather have more than enough power for those "just in case" situations.

/ Yanmar Quality #16  
I understand that, truth be told I thought about the YT235 but I wanted a lighter tractor and didn't want to spend the extra money. I think you may have your answer. I would get on his list and get it bought. Just me.
I just called the Yanmar dealer in my area and they are sold out of the YT235. I pretty sure that you are right about the SA425 doing what I need it to do but I would rather have more than enough power for those "just in case" situations.

/ Yanmar Quality #17  
They give that 10 year warranty because they know it won't ever be needed. To call the engines rock solid is an understatement.

My 1982 refurb yanmar fires up like it came off the line yesterday, even the few times I've run it below freezing. No glow required.

my 1989 skid steer with a yanmar can sit for months and fire on the first turn If there's battery power. The 3rd Hobbs meter that I know of broke a long time before I inherited it. The only maintenance it's ever had was oil changes.....

/ Yanmar Quality #18  
Nice tractors. Unfortunately, the machines seem to last a lot longer than the dealers around here.

Exactly.!
It’s why I didn’t even consider them…
Doesn’t much matter how good a tractor warranty is, if a dealer isn’t around to honor it.
Only long lasting reliable dealers within 50 miles from me are JD, Kubota, and Massey.

/ Yanmar Quality #19  
So a tractor with a 3 year bumper to bumper
warranty and with a 10 year warranty and
you don't really need the warranty because
they are know to dependability is a good
reason to stay away from them????????????
Its better to purchase a tractor that don't have
a long warranty and are know to have problems
is the tractor to purchase??????????
Sure makes cents to me!!!

Massey Ferguson has a 3 year warranty???
Kubota 6 year warranty
Kioti has a 4 year warranty
John Deere call dealer for warranty and you can
purchase extra warranty $$$$

willy

/ Yanmar Quality #20  
So a tractor with a 3 year bumper to bumper
warranty and with a 10 year warranty and
you don't really need the warranty because
they are know to dependability is a good
reason to stay away from them????????????
Its better to purchase a tractor that don't have
a long warranty and are know to have problems
is the tractor to purchase??????????
Sure makes cents to me!!!

Massey Ferguson has a 3 year warranty???
Kubota 6 year warranty
Kioti has a 4 year warranty
John Deere call dealer for warranty and you can
purchase extra warranty $$$$

willy

No local dealer is a reason for me to stay away. Yes absolutely it is
Idc about a warranty
“Watch the movie Tommy Boy for a great line about warranties”
I make $$ with my tractors and if there is ever an issue, I can’t afford to not have a dealer close by for assistance if needed
Time is money.
That said…
And after hundreds of hours on my old JD
And a few hundred hours on my kubotas
I’ve never been back for warranty work for any of them
Maybe I just got lucky, to own 4 different green and orange products with no problems

Extra accessories, maintenance items, and then chainsaws and string trimmers that the dealerships carried. Yes I returned and bought those items from the same dealerships that I bought my tractors from, at better than box store prices.
My 2 closest Kubota dealers are like family, and have done right by me.
I can’t imagine anyone else topping them for service or price.
I had a question about a 9yo Kubota I bought used, from an individual, not the dealer at all. and the salesman I had bought one of my other tractors from, made the 70 mile round trip drive just to look at it, and check in to see if I had any other questions
Im sure the Yanmar is a great tractor,
I know they make great engines
But without a reputable dealer in my area,
no real way to check them out
Same goes for other brands as well