Yanmar rs1300 tiller

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller #1  

rickatom

Tractor
yanmar 2000
I thought I would post a few of my pictures of the Yanmar RS1300 tiller that I have rescued and refurbished from the edge of a pasture. This tiller has rear Height gauge wheels. (I have seen many tillers without these)
I used it the other day, and it works great. I pull it behind my YM2000 w/FEL
It is a great pair.
I still am working on how to adjust my heights to get my depth just right.

The paint is real close to the original factory paint color. (I almost decided to paint it a matching red, but then decided to try to keep it as original as possible).
The sticker was made by my sister.
My friend helped me clean it up and get it working.

As you can see, I added lift arm extensions to the tiller. The shield had been dented all in from prior usage and probably hit the rear tractor tires.
I was able to add a slipclutch to the PTO Driveshaft. I was lucky enough that I didnt have to cut the driveshaft.

Let me know what you think>>>>thanks

Attachments

• Tractortiller.jpg
    Tractortiller.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • tiller rescale 640.jpg
    tiller rescale 640.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,974
  • PTO Driveshaft tractor.jpg
    PTO Driveshaft tractor.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,601
  • tiller rear view 640.jpg
    tiller rear view 640.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1,355
   / Yanmar rs1300 tiller #2  
Your restoration looks nice. You could have gone with the red as later models were painted red with some white trim.

Here's mine in action. I have but don't use the gauge wheels often as I have the UFO controls operational with auto level and depth.

Hope your tiller gives you many yrs of use.

Attachments

• tiller.jpg
    tiller.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 3,401
   / Yanmar rs1300 tiller
Can you tell me what the RSB model is?? Mine is just the RS1300. I am gonna assume my model is just older. I was thinking Red, but then being it was factory green, I thought I would keep it as original as possible.

Thanks for the comment.

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller
The Paint matched good, but not perfect. It is Lowes paint..Fern green. It looked good so I used it.

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller #6  
I noticed that also. Please enlighten us!!! That looks Great. Thats the color I would like to do everthing. Here's the one I bought from Fredricks. They spray painted it :laughing: How do I Know ? I bought some to Touch up Paint and hit a few spots on the Tractor. It matched perfect to the Tiller but not even close to the Original Tractor paint Though. UGLY:confused: Just seen your Reply THANKS worth a Dr. to Lowes for me.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 2,215
   / Yanmar rs1300 tiller
It amazes me all the different old styles to these great Yanmar tillers. I read someplace what the color match was supposed to be originally, but cant find it. Much like John Deere, the had their own patten for the color paint.
I just found what was close. I was going to paint the side deflectors white, but green was so convenient.
I see you are not using the rear height adjustment wheels either.

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller #8  
No, I never needed them. I Only used it for a small garden. It would just about turn it to powder or would if I used 2nd.or 3rd. worked pretty much trouble free after getting some minor problems out of it.

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller
I have seen very few folks using them. Winston has some, but he says he doesnt use them to till. I sorta like them so far. I drive/till using mine in 1st pto and Low range 1st. It makes the dirt sort of fluffy.
My garden area is not that big either. I just added onto it last season with my reartine tiller. It like to had broke me down. So when I can across the yanmar tiller, I just had to have it. Not just because the name matched my tractor, but it would save me alot of sweat this summer.
I kinda like the height wheels. Do not know why they are made of metal, but maybe it served a purpose in the rice fields.

/ Yanmar rs1300 tiller #10  
I'm looking for a manual to get the parts to replace the input shaft seal and bearings 0n my rs1300 tiller. My tiller has worked great until the seal went out on the input shaft.