Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller

/ Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller #21  
Hi Tony.
I also have the cultivator, but having just landed it (in Zambia) I discover that it won't fit on my MF188. It is too small and jams up against the rear wheels. Did I buy the wrong thing. Perhaps you can help?!
Thanks
Mark.wiseman49 at gmail dot com

/ Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller #22  
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you need Yanmar's special top link described in this recent post.

It rotates the tiller away from the tires as its raised.

Also in my experience with the older version of that tiller, I had to swap the 'training wheels' on the back to get that vertical part that goes down to the axle, on the outer side. Then they would track straight. Mounted as in that photo, the wheels crabbed and made furrows.

/ Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller #23  
the 188 is a 70hp tractor, a little large for the tiller. No doubt it could work but your likely going to have to extend the 3 point lift pins forward on the tiller. And then maybe a longer drive shaft. Not there, but talking from experience.

/ Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller #24  
Maybe someone can get some info from these sites:

go here: RS1500B parts list at DuckDuckGo then scroll down to Fredricks inporting catalog:

willy

/ Yanmar RSB1501 Tiller #25  
the 188 is a 70hp tractor, a little large for the tiller. No doubt it could work but your likely going to have to extend the 3 point lift pins forward on the tiller. And then maybe a longer drive shaft.
And add a slip clutch! 70 hp could turn the tiller, or its driveline, into a pretzel if it jams on something.