Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #1  

Git-R-Done

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 JD 1025r (Process Buying)
When comparing Yanmar to let's say John Deere the dealers want to say "Oh the JD advantage is the drive over deck quick connect system". They pretty much will argue to the death if you say Yanmar also is a drive over. In all fairness there may be a couple addtl steps, but not enough to NOT buy Yanmar IMHO. Watching Yanmar Academy mower attach and detach videos refers to the M60F and demonstrates it as a drive over for the SA 324 & 424. Also the M60SA that is used on the SA221 is also referred to as a drive over deck. I have not found a video on the mower attachment for the 221, but have Yanmar literature listing it as a driver over deck. I had to show my Yanmar dealer the video as he was not aware that it is demo'd by Yanmar as a drive over. Anyone else seen these videos and documents or have any experience with this?

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #2  
When comparing Yanmar to let's say John Deere the dealers want to say "Oh the JD advantage is the drive over deck quick connect system". They pretty much will argue to the death if you say Yanmar also is a drive over. In all fairness there may be a couple addtl steps, but not enough to NOT buy Yanmar IMHO. Watching Yanmar Academy mower attach and detach videos refers to the M60F and demonstrates it as a drive over for the SA 324 & 424. Also the M60SA that is used on the SA221 is also referred to as a drive over deck. I have not found a video on the mower attachment for the 221, but have Yanmar literature listing it as a driver over deck. I had to show my Yanmar dealer the video as he was not aware that it is demo'd by Yanmar as a drive over. Anyone else seen these videos and documents or have any experience with this?
I just seen the Yanmar video today on the drive over mower deck on the 324 and 424,came over my youtube feed.

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #3  
In the video he said installing the mmm was for the sa series tractors
you have the sa 221 and the sa 324 and sa 424 are the same the difference is the 424 has larger tires. So the video applies to both of
the sa series tractors. It looked like it was very easy to install and uninstall the mmm.

willy

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck
In the video he said installing the mmm was for the sa series tractors
you have the sa 221 and the sa 324 and sa 424 are the same the difference is the 424 has larger tires. So the video applies to both of
the sa series tractors. It looked like it was very easy to install and uninstall the mmm.

willy
Yes U R correct sir (Ed McMahon). That is why I said Yanmar docs say the M60SA which is the 60" mower for the SA221 is also a drive over, BUT I have not seen the 221 MMM install on video.

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #5  
Here you are the video for the M60 drive over install and uninstall

Gir-R-Done you have the MMM?

willy

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck
Here you are the video for the M60 drive over install and uninstall

Gir-R-Done you have the MMM?

willy
When they deliver this coming Friday supposed to be FEL & MMM on the SA221. Waiting on the mower.

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #7  
Then you will be all set to go to work! Nice machine should serve you
for a long time.

willy

/ Yanmar SA Series MMM IS A Drive Over Deck #8  
The M60 MMM for the SA 221 is NOT a drive over mower. The deck for the 324/424 is different than the one used for the 221.
I wanted the drive over option when I traded my 2014 221 for a 2020 model and it’s not available.