Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #11  
Hi,

I've been watching the used market for Yanmar (and others) sub-compact tractors for some time, and noticed that there are a lot of ex-rental machines that come up for auction at around 5 years old. Home Depot machines are common, and vary widely in condition and wear. Specifically, I liked the Yanmar SA24, but could find exactly zero information about it online. Best I could tell, it is a SA424, though the data plate Differentiates between the two. I figured it was a model specifically built for the rental market, and came with the B65 backhoe and the YL210 Loader. I finally found a machine I liked and won an out of state auction. It showed up as expected, save for one disappointment; it didn't have a hi-lo range selector. Then I scoured other auctions for SA424s and it looks like some of them might not have high low selectors either...

I called my local dealer and he insisted that there is no such thing as a SA24, and he works on some of the Home Depot machines. I have a ton of questions:

• Anyone have any info on these machines? Are there any differences in the SA24 and SA424?
  • Is the high/low selector an option, or should they all have this?
  • Does anyone have a lead on a good parts source? The dealer wasn't particularly helpful, and made it clear that he was drowning in work, and wouldn't have time to look up parts costs / availability for me, going so far as to suggest that I try to fabricate some of my needed parts myself. (such as seat bumpers)
  • I'd kill for a parts diagram...anyone have one to share/buy? Perhaps Yanmar is very protective of this info.
I love my machine, but am very disappointed in how difficult it is to get parts or service. Seems like Kubota, for instance, makes this much easier.
Hul, 1. I believe I have a breakdown on the backhoe and loader, 2. Someone left the 3 out on the SA24 should be SA324, there was no SA24 3. They had three models, 223, 324, 424, no difference between 324 & 424 except for tire size. The 223 is smaller tractor, Email me with address I'll ck and mail pages to you

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #12  
Hi,

I've been watching the used market for Yanmar (and others) sub-compact tractors for some time, and noticed that there are a lot of ex-rental machines that come up for auction at around 5 years old. Home Depot machines are common, and vary widely in condition and wear. Specifically, I liked the Yanmar SA24, but could find exactly zero information about it online. Best I could tell, it is a SA424, though the data plate Differentiates between the two. I figured it was a model specifically built for the rental market, and came with the B65 backhoe and the YL210 Loader. I finally found a machine I liked and won an out of state auction. It showed up as expected, save for one disappointment; it didn't have a hi-lo range selector. Then I scoured other auctions for SA424s and it looks like some of them might not have high low selectors either...

I called my local dealer and he insisted that there is no such thing as a SA24, and he works on some of the Home Depot machines. I have a ton of questions:

• Anyone have any info on these machines? Are there any differences in the SA24 and SA424?
  • Does anyone have a lead on a good parts source? The dealer wasn't particularly helpful, and made it clear that he was drowning in work, and wouldn't have time to look up parts costs / availability for me, going so far as to suggest that I try to fabricate some of my needed parts myself. (such as seat bumpers)
  • I'd kill for a parts diagram...anyone have one to share/buy? Perhaps Yanmar is very protective of this info.
I love my machine, but am very disappointed in how difficult it is to get parts or service. Seems like Kubota, for instance, makes this much easier.
The SAx24 tractor is either a 324 or 424. The wheel size will determine which model it is. As for parts, it doesn't matter which you use, the only difference besides the wheels and tires is the decals. You missing range selector, it is exactly that. HD removed them to protect the tractors. Using in high range to perform heavy work is not good for the tractors. The part numbers you will need are: 1A8330-27501, 1A8060-67780, 22351-035032, and 22351-060032. That is the lever, knob, and the pin springs to hold it into place.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please
Hul, 1. I believe I have a breakdown on the backhoe and loader, 2. Someone left the 3 out on the SA24 should be SA324, there was no SA24 3. They had three models, 223, 324, 424, no difference between 324 & 424 except for tire size. The 223 is smaller tractor, Email me with address I'll ck and mail pages to you
Definitely a "SA24". There are dozens listed on auction sites; all that I have seen came from Home Depot and are ex-rental machines. The larger rear wheels would make this based off the 424 I believe.

Attachments

• tempImagerwH3Wp.png
    tempImagerwH3Wp.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 81
  • tempImageJUJCRa.png
    tempImageJUJCRa.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 79
   / Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #14  
If you join Yanmars website they are pretty responsive.

My local dealer I bought from did have the TF500 ...after the kid sai they didn't I walked over to their parts shelf and picked up a jug of it, then he spent 20 min trying figure out how much it cost...finally said "How does $35 sound?"...(sigh)...it's gonna be a bumpy relationship.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #15  
It's a shame Yanmar didn't use the 90's and early 00's to build up their market share.
They couldn't. Even though they had a large market share in the 1980s, by 1990 Yanmar had signed a non-compete contract as part of their agreement to build tractors for JD. That eventually expired, so now they are back....but in the meanwhile they lost all those years.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #16  
They couldn't. Even though they had a large market share in the 1980s, by 1990 Yanmar had signed a non-compete contract as part of their agreement to build tractors for JD. That eventually expired, so now they are back....but in the meanwhile they lost all those years.

I wasn't aware of that, it seems a poor decision looking back?

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please
If you join Yanmars website they are pretty responsive.

My local dealer I bought from did have the TF500 ...after the kid sai they didn't I walked over to their parts shelf and picked up a jug of it, then he spent 20 min trying figure out how much it cost...finally said "How does $35 sound?"...(sigh)...it's gonna be a bumpy relationship.
I hear ya. Called the closest dealer a number of weeks back to ask questions. Super grumpy and unhelpful. I tried to order a number of parts from him, and basically was discouraged from doing so because "the freight would be more than the part". When I pressed, he said that he couldn't price the part right then as he'd need to be near a computer, and he was running a two man shop, and didn't have time. I made the drive in, hoping that an in-person visit would be more fruitful. Nope. Online parts availability would be nice.

/ Yanmar SA24 (SA424?) info please #20  
Hi,

See the attached, compliments of the Yanmar Tractors Owners Group. We have all of the docs for free on the site.

Attachments

• YANMAR SA Series 221 324 424 Brochure.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 90
  • YANMAR SA324 SPEC SHEET.pdf
    695.3 KB · Views: 67
  • YANMAR SA424 SPECIFICATIONS.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 87