Yanmar tiller ID help

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #61  
Very few made it over here. I When I was looking to purchase a tiller I found that out. 2009-2010 In Ga. we still had the big VN. importers. Spalding told me I better go get this one. Last one Fredricks had. Back then they would show up at the dealers. But they was hard to come bye. There was a Semi that was running ready to roll when I was there. First of the Yr. so my bet it was loaded for a dealer. Tractors and Equipment Etc.. I wish I had a Yanmar tiller in that good of shape.

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #62  
Very few made it over here. I When I was looking to purchase a tiller I found that out. 2009-2010 In Ga. we still had the big VN. importers. Spalding told me I better go get this one. Last one Fredricks had. Back then they would show up at the dealers. But they was hard to come bye. There was a Semi that was running ready to roll when I was there. First of the Yr. so my bet it was loaded for a dealer. Tractors and Equipment Etc.. I wish I had a Yanmar tiller in that good of shape.
Up to 2020, Fredircks still offered refurbished Yanmar tillers. Depending on the model, prices ran from $800 to $1,200 with pickup. I would scout their inventory offerings at least once a month.

/ Yanmar tiller ID help #63  
Long ago in NorCal ... I paid $200 for the last green tiller on the left in the photo below. Including a spare set of new tines. Unrestored.

Early 2000's the Dollar/Yen exchange rate was so out of balance that there was a unique opportunity to import here and make a lot of money, apparently affecting VN as well as Japan. But later as the Yen became more expensive, many import dealers here left the market due to unprofitability.

This importer/wholesaler pictured, unfortunately failed due to the extreme number of warranty returns sent back from their dealers. My local retailer over by the ranch told me he had awful experience with failures and wouldn't buy from them again. The importer disappeared, re-opened under a different name across town in 'Little Saigon' neighborhood, and then that business failed. The manager told me her brother had gone back to VN to plead with factory management, likely their parents, for better QC.

I got several minor parts from them to refurb my YM240, for example the fuel filter assembly salvaged off a warranty-return YM1500 and flawless front wheels to replace my cracked ones.

The final event that I think killed them was an entire 40 ft container of refurb Yanmars stolen overnight at their loading dock before it was unloaded. The next time I visited, I found their site vacant.
sactotractors-tillers-jpg.163527