Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #1  

Stoner

Bronze Member
Is anyone familiar with this model of Yanmar and loader? Yanmar YM 2210 BD w/ RCO #2 Loader. I am totally new to the grey market tractor. Do not know if ther are worth buying. I am looking at this tractor that I would be using it for bush hogging, finish mowing and tilling about five acres. Als be using it to help plant dove fields and green fields for deer. The price on this unit is $8,200.
What questions should I ask and what should I look for with this tractor?

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #2  
Nice tractor...

Built 1980-81, 3 cylinder diesel - 22 PTO HP and 23.5 Engine HP. Shuttle shift transmission. It's 113" long, 48" wide and 73" tall at the exhaust tip. The "D" model (4WD) weighs 2061 lbs.

I would ask about the hours on the tractor, warranty provided and what it covers. Look for leaking seals or significant wear points. Drive the tractor and operate all gears including differential lock, FWD with the loader weighted and see how it feels or if it makes any noises. Check hydraulics and the 3PH...and all fluids including the 80-90 WT gear oil in the front axle. Also take a peek in the fuel tank, fuel filter and engine dipstick oil....run the tractor with the valve cover oil filler plug removed and inspect for engine oil blow-by (smoke). And that's about all you can do with the tractor.

Then check out the dealer! Sometimes the best tractor can be the worst purchase if the dealer is not there to support you long after you take it home....

Sorry, I don't know anything about RCO's #2 FEL.

Good Luck, Mark

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #3  
"I am looking at this tractor that I would be using it for bush hogging, finish mowing and tilling about five acres. Als be using it to help plant dove fields and green fields for deer."

What are you going to do with that $2,500 FEL? That's more like 26.4 engine hp, Mark;).

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #4  
Mark, I think they have the 2t90 engine. 2 cylinder same as the older 2210. I am not an expert but that is what I think.... I like my 2210.

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #5  
"Built 1980-81, 3 cylinder diesel - 22 PTO HP and 23.5 Engine HP. Shuttle shift transmission. It's 113" long, 48" wide and 73" tall at the exhaust tip. The "D" model (4WD) weighs 2061 lbs."

In fact, that sounds a whole lot like the YM2010D, Mark:) .

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #6  
Thanks guys...

Totally wrong information by me. Looked it up under wrong model number on Tractor Data..Never do that without at least one cup of morning coffee :).

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #7  
Stoner said:
Is anyone familiar with this model of Yanmar and loader? Yanmar YM 2210 BD w/ RCO #2 Loader. I am totally new to the grey market tractor. Do not know if ther are worth buying. I am looking at this tractor that I would be using it for bush hogging, finish mowing and tilling about five acres. Als be using it to help plant dove fields and green fields for deer. The price on this unit is $8,200.

The RCO loader is a custom made loader for tractors that are sold by the internet vendor www.rcotractor.com. I called to inquire if I could buy a loader from them instead of the Koyker. They expect next year to start selling them but only sell them now when they sell the tractor. Check their web site out. I have searched about everyones and I enjoy them a lot. They have some good guys there as well to help you out.

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #8  
Stoner said:

Good solid model, shuttle shift. I like the 2 cylinder for longevity, torque and fuel economy, also the fuel gauge is a nice option over the older brother YM2210D. Price is high for that model though. I know the Koyker loader on that tractor fits and works well. If you’re buying from RCO they say some of their models are rebuilt in the US vs. Vietnam. The USA rebuilt would be my first choice. I know RCO advertises no sales tax on out of state purchases but that is absolutely untrue. States out west especially my state has been cracking down. I don’t know if Florida has a sales tax if it does I would bet you would still owe Florida their blood money, so ad that to the cost.

Buck

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #9  
u don't have to pay sales tax on ag equip in ks any how! So that is good for us.

/ Yanmar YM 2210 BD with loader #10  
I agree, sales tax sucks. Washington came out with a no sales tax on ag equipment law this year. I have read through it ten times. Can’t think of one customer that it works for. So many stipulations you can never qualify.

Buck