Yanmar YM Model Breakdown

/ Yanmar YM Model Breakdown #1  

bmaverick

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610 ■YANMAR GURU■ EXTRAORDINAIRE
Over the years here, a few tidbits of how the model break down is mentioned.

Is it possible to have a more polished listing here.

Models ending in are really what?

YMxx00

YMxx01

YMxx02

YMxx10

YMxx20

YMxxxxA

YMxxxxB

YMxxxxF

YMxxxxM

YMxxxxDGR = Grounds care machine (YM1610DGR & YM1720DGR)

YMxxxxR (YM2500R & YM3000R) ?

YMxxxxS

YMxxxxT = Turbo

YMxxxxD = 4WD

/ Yanmar YM Model Breakdown
Anybody? hmmmm :oops:

/ Yanmar YM Model Breakdown #3  
I think you know more than most of us. I could confirm some of your stuff. I know xx10 and xx20 are power shift. One is colum shift and one between legs but I would have to look right now to see what's what.

/ Yanmar YM Model Breakdown
XxxB is updated dash and extra sound deadening side panels.

The GR models are the ones with the mid-mount mowers. GR was their ground care package. Later Yanmar did the same thing for John Deere when the JD650 was introduced.

There are Yanmar GR deck manuals for lots of the YM machines. Same for the Loaders. Just confusing as it's all in Japanese.

The YM1610DGR and the 1720DGR both were grounds care machines. remove the deck and it's interface hardware and the parts manuals are back to the normal setup. Not all YM machines were rice-paddy types.

I know the YMxx00 machines are all 2-cly until the YM2500. The YM2500 came later as JD wanted a mid size machine like a Ford NAA, yet in a diesel. The JD850 was born. All higher numbered -00 machines then became 3-cly and later YM6000 & YM700 became 4-cly.

Yes, please help build a great index.

/ Yanmar YM Model Breakdown #6  
I have a YM2002D.

It has a 3 cyl engine.

A 3 speed transmission. 4 ranges crawl, 1, 2, & 3.

3 speed PTO.

There may be other specifics for this model that I am not aware of. Unfortunately I do not know if all if these apply to all YMXX02 models.