Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #21  
Sent you a PM. On a tablet so make sure I sent it right.

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #22  
I wonder if Motorcycle Warehouse received a random box of drivelines from the refurb factory and didn't know or care which length matched your tiller. The absence of the special top link components from their tillers might suggest this.

'Some Assembly Required!' (ie leave it to the buyer to figure out what's missing to hook it up).

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems
I wonder if Motorcycle Warehouse received a random box of drivelines from the refurb factory and didn't know or care which length matched your tiller. The absence of the special top link components from their tillers might suggest this.

'Some Assembly Required!' (ie leave it to the buyer to figure out what's missing to hook it up).
I think they bought a bunch of drivelines from someone in the USA because they look new. The guy selling it said to just cut it down if too long. In any case I will not be able to use the driveline if I leave the tiller where it is because I would need to remove 5 inches from the 7 1/4 inch long sliding part, which would leave only 2 1/4 inches engagement. The U joints are so bulky and long compared to the original that I think they are actually made for much higher horsepower.

After making some adjustments to the lifting arm linkages and tilting the tiller so that the driveline splined shafts are parallel there is plenty of clearance between the tires and the tiller. The top link mount though is another small problem. The ROPS moved the top link hole 3 1/2 inches from the original location. Since I cannot find a shorter top link than the one I have I decided to shorten mine. To do this I removed 4 inches from the top link and 2 inches from each screw. Tomorrow I will TIG weld the top link back together. And order another to replace the one I cut up today. I am a recently retired self employed machinist. I haven't sold my shop or the contents and since it is about 400 feet from my house it is always available for making stuff. Nevertheless I would rather not modify stuff if I don't need to. I would rather spend the time doing something else, like tilling the drainfield. Or drilling holes with the post hole digger for planting cedar trees.
Eric

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #25  
Thanks for the offer, I'll take it. After tilting the tiller forward to get the shafts parallel I measured the distance and your shortened shaft will work, plus there is plenty of room between the tiller and the tires. Now all I need to do is shorten the top link. If you send me a PM we can work out the shipping details.
Thanks Again,
Eric

Eric,

I've been poking around on one of my best hunt for Yanmar stuff on Japan sites. Yahoo.jp :)

So far this tends to be the closest candidate to your tiller. Since you are missing parts, it's the best I could align by all the pix you gave. It's sitting on a plastic gray pallet too.
ヤンマートラクターYM2010のロータリー 純正RS14... - ヤフオク!

If this is the MATCH to your tiller, I have a program that snags all the images off that page to save. This way, those highres images could assist you in finding the other parts or you can fab something like it.

Oh, if anyone has YANMAR FEVER, then this is the place to enjoy! Type in ヤンマー YM
That is Yanmar in Japanese and YM. :)

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #26  
Eric,

I've been poking around on one of my best hunt for Yanmar stuff on Japan sites. Yahoo.jp :)

So far this tends to be the closest candidate to your tiller. Since you are missing parts, it's the best I could align by all the pix you gave. It's sitting on a plastic gray pallet too.

If this is the MATCH to your tiller, I have a program that snags all the images off that page to save. This way, those highres images could assist you in finding the other parts or you can fab something like it.

Oh, if anyone has YANMAR FEVER, then this is the place to enjoy! Type in ヤンマー YM
That's the tiller I owned. Just in perfect condition. And if I needed a tiller for the YM2000 I would be looking into that model again. Worked really good. We had to dig it out of the back shop, Last one they had. Just came up what was in there. Tom's BA. Helicopter. Super cool..........

Eric,

That tiller is almost identical. The only difference is that the two spring loaded rods that control the back flap are connected to two arms on mine that are missing from the pictured tiller. These arms bolt to the same plates as the H shaped tubular part does, but on the other side of the plates. You can see this in the pictures I posted. So really it is the same tiller, it's just that mine has these two extra parts. And mine is of course missing the wheel assembly. Thanks a bunch for finding the tiller.
Eric

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #28  
That tiller is almost identical. The only difference is that the two spring loaded rods that control the back flap are connected to two arms on mine that are missing from the pictured tiller. These arms bolt to the same plates as the H shaped tubular part does, but on the other side of the plates. You can see this in the pictures I posted. So really it is the same tiller, it's just that mine has these two extra parts. And mine is of course missing the wheel assembly. Thanks a bunch for finding the tiller.
Eric

Ah, good eye. 🕵️‍♂️

So, it's an RS1404-like tiller you have. Now the question is, is it a RS1504 instead? Those last 2 digits deal with how the tiller mounts to the tractor, the first two digits is the tiller series of sorts. The 14 & 15 often go hand-in-hand in the manuals. Sometimes a 16XX is tossed in the mix as well for even more confusion. haha

Oh, I did notice the REAR wheel assembly missing on your tiller. That is somewhat critical for leveling and to place a nice soil crease on the next lap of a pass to keep things uniform.

Now, on that RS1404, did you see another WHEEL? It's at the top of the unit. It's a spoke wheel for adjustments.

Also, in the images, did the tiller hookups look the same? same interfaces? If not, maybe an RS1402 is the match then. It's all tied in like that. Plus, the 14xx, 15xx 16xx all have various widths of the same tillers arrangement. The Yanmar tiller models can make a person dizzy. 🤪

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #29  
I could just imagine what the tiller data base is like for Yanmar. Huge I'm sure....... Fredricks calls it a 5' RS1400 series.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
   / Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #30  
I could just imagine what the tiller data base is like for Yanmar. Huge I'm sure....... Fredricks calls it a 5' RS1400 series.

Is that a 'plain' RS1400 with no other trailing letters? I may have that manual too. :) Do you need it?