Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak

/ Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak #1  

JBC Lead

Tractor
Yanmar 2420D
New forum member and just found the Yanmar section (thanks BMaverick):

Recently purchased a Yanmar 2420D (power steering) and after 10 hours discovered hydraulic fluid coming out of the top of the steering column. Took it apart and there appears to be a leaking seal at the base of the steering shaft, where it drops into the steering unit.

None of the documentation I can find shows where the seal is located, and I can't get the roller pin out to separate the the tube from the shaft and troubleshoot further.

I've got it reassembled...and it works...but I still have the annoying (and messy) leak. I've attached a photo of the unit for reference.

Looking for either ideas on how to access the seal for replacement or, alternately, a new steering column I can swap into the rig. Also, if a schematic for the power steering unit exists I'd be grateful for a point-out on where to find one.

Thanks

Attachments

• Steering.jpg
    Steering.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 57
   / Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak #3  
The 336 parts manual has a power steering breakdown. Might help you, yours will be very similar if not the same. Box

/ Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak #4  
The 336 parts manual has a power steering breakdown. Might help you, yours will be very similar if not the same. Box

Not all of the Power Steering docs are there.

/ Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak #5  

Recently purchased a Yanmar 2420D (power steering) and after 10 hours discovered hydraulic fluid coming out of the top of the steering column. Took it apart and there appears to be a leaking seal at the base of the steering shaft, where it drops into the steering unit.

None of the documentation I can find shows where the seal is located, and I can't get the roller pin out to separate the the tube from the shaft and troubleshoot further.

I've got it reassembled...and it works...but I still have the annoying (and messy) leak. I've attached a photo of the unit for reference.

Looking for either ideas on how to access the seal for replacement or, alternately, a new steering column I can swap into the rig. Also, if a schematic for the power steering unit exists I'd be grateful for a point-out on where to find one.

Thanks

See attached. A few members donated these docs. Like Winston mentioned, it's not clear if one size fits all or there were certain devices with stroke length differences.

And for US models, there was a US optional equipment that is a bit different.

Attached are all the Yanmar PS docs I have to date. You can glean a good deal here.

Attachments

• YM180-D YM187-D YPS Power Steering Manual.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 78
  • YM186D YPS Power Steering Manual.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 61
  • YM1300D Power Steering upgrade.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
   / Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak #6  

Thanks

Additionally, Yanmar made the YM Series along side the John Deere 50 & 70 Series too. Some more gleaning. :) Click on the image, then click a 2nd time to zoom in. When done, click off the image to return to the posting.

1627346019895.png

1627346049160.png

1627346100634.png

/ Yanmer 2420D Power Steering Leak
Thanks BMaverick and Winston1 for the data...will start reviewing tomorrow to see if I can figure out 1) Where the leaking seal is located and 2) How to access.