Year?

/ Year? #1  

over49

Tractor
Kubota B7100 FWD
I just bought a used B7100 and the seller was unsure of the year. It's my first compact tractor, so I'm a newby. The serial # is B7001-62308, FWD, gear driven, engine type D750A. Can anyone help me with the year model of this tractor?

Thanks!!

Steve in Cincinnati

/ Year? #2  
over49 said:
I just bought a used B7100 and the seller was unsure of the year. It's my first compact tractor, so I'm a newby. The serial # is B7001-62308, FWD, gear driven, engine type D750A. Can anyone help me with the year model of this tractor?

Steve,

Tractor manufacturers don't use years to delineate their models, since the features don't normally change during a model run. It appears thet the B7100 was introduced in 1977 and replaced by the B7200 in 1983, so your tractor was manufactured sometime during that period. See Kubota Tractor USA - Prior Products

That said, any Kubota dealer can tell you the date and location that your tractor was first placed in service.

Also, If your tractor does not have a ROPS, you should get one. Kubota will sell you one for $148 + tax, shipping and installation. A bargain at twice the price. See the "ROPS & Seatbelt" and "ROPS Buyers Guide" pages under the Safety category on the Kubota website.

Welcome to TBN!

Last edited:
   / Year? #4  
according to Kubota records, your tractor was bought by B. House on 2/2/1980. If your serial number is correct on forum, he lived in palestine texas.

/ Year?
WOW. Thanks for all the great info. However old it is, I sure do like it. I'm looking forward to restoring it to like-new condition this winter. Today I picked up a used Kubota FEL for it. It's a bit rusty, but supposedly works fine. I paid $1329 for it. I feel OK with the price considering it's a Kubota brand loader.

Steve

/ Year? #6  
I was wondering how this machine got up north, but since Palestine is a B&O railway town, he could have been transfered bact to Ohio. My relatives came from Ohio with the railroad in the early 1900,s. Their name was Kluth.

/ Year?
I can't tell you how it got to Ohio. The guy I bought it from wasn't a "user" - he was a "trader". A good question, though. Tractors usually stay in the neighborhood.

/ Year? #8  
bigjohnkub said:
according to Kubota records, your tractor was bought by B. House on 2/2/1980. If your serial number is correct on forum, he lived in palestine texas.
bigjohnkub, Can you provide me with spcific info on my tractor like you did here. My B7100 serial # is B7100HST-D62104. I know this is an old thread but I thought I would ask the question anyway. Thanks Mike

/ Year? #9  
over49 said:
I can't tell you how it got to Ohio. The guy I bought it from wasn't a "user" - he was a "trader". A good question, though. Tractors usually stay in the neighborhood.

I would have expected tractors to stay in the neighborhood, but I don't know . . . the old Oliver I used for cutting and baling hay with my neighbor in central Texas had calcium loaded tires. He didn't even know that until one got a puncture. And we learned from the dealer that the tractor had come from Minnesota.