Yeow! That Hurt!

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
I was tossing some firewood over the back fence, to stack on the porch and managed to toss one that caught one of those very small thin whip like tree limbs. No leaves on it and I didn't see it as it was just about dark. That thing popped back and whipped me across the cheek bone and the eye. It was like someone had hit me with a whip in the eye. I did say some unkind words to the tree and now it needs a "safe zone"....lol Those little suckers that sprout out are going to be trimmed off tomorrow, for sure. :mad:

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #2  
I remember back in the day when you could conform to the axiom "spare the rod and spoil the child", my mommy would get her a willow switch from time to time....if handy and I was ripe for some disciplining. Yes sirreeeee those little branches are very effective and get the job done. Thank you mommy for taking the time to make a man out of me and teach me right from wrong!

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #3  
The bane of my existence is not so much tree limbs - I'm 99% Ponderosa pine here. What has and always will vex me are the darn wild roses. They are long & tall and I've been face whipped many 'a time when grubbing around in the undergrowth.

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #4  
Oh yeah, BTDT. Just to give it that little extra sting, try it when yer face is half frozen to begin with. It'd bring tears to the eye of a wooden indian.

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #5  
As we say...that's attention getter. :confused2:

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #6  
Ow! I can just picture that. I have been smacked across the cheek and eye before with a logging rope that bounced on me, and that's a sensitive area. Knocked my hat off and landed me on my butt. The head pain was like an after-effect.

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #7  
I did something similar- but worse. Was maneuvering the tractor is a tightly wooded area on a slope. So was paying more attention to the slope that the trees as I was gently backing, forwarding, etc. Apparently there was an unseen sapling I had backed over and when cleared of it, it whipped back and hit my hand on the steering wheel pretty badly. When I noticed the blood soaking through and out of the heavy, leather glove, I knew I had done a baddd thing- not to mention the pain level was pretty high also.

The ER probably would have put a few stitches in it but we handled at home. Took a few days for the bleeding/seeping to stop. Can't find the picture at the moment but basically the impact caused the flesh to explode.

/ Yeow! That Hurt! #8  
A close friend who never said a cuss word in his life was building something with a couple friends. He hauled off with a hammer to pound a spike in and slammed his thumb.

Immediately he dropped the hammer and squeezed his thumb with the other hand and grimaced as he put his hand between his legs for more pressure. He squealed to his friends, "Say something, will you."