YEOWCH!!!!

/ YEOWCH!!!! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
:censored: Ran a dadgum splinter up under the fingernail, index finger on the right hand. Of course it just had to be the mouse button/scrolling/tv remote finger. I had to cut the nail off very short into the quick part and dig and dig to get that thing all the way out. I probably over did it a bit, but I did not want to have to go back in a few days later to get another piece out. Nothing like digging around in the quick part about half way under the nail Sumb*tc*. thing felt like a three foot spike had been rammed up under there. I been keeping it clean with a bandaid. I'm sure ya'll know how hard it is to keep a bandaid on the end of a finger. I also use some tape wrapped around the ends of the bandaid to keep the dang thing on there. I was reaching for an item on my outside work bench made out of treated wood and it is getting sort of ragged and whamo! :mad: I guess I'll make it...but it ain't pretty. :( Yep, i did the three stooges dance when it happened. :laughing:

/ YEOWCH!!!! #3  
Pump as much polysporin into the "hole" as you can and keep in on it for at least 3 days. It should help keep down infection.

/ YEOWCH!!!! #4  
I rammed a splinter up under my fingernail. Probably not the best thing to do, but I left it under there. As my nail grew it pushed it out.

/ YEOWCH!!!! #5  
Amazon.com: Sliver Gripper Uncle Bill's Key Chain Tweezers: Health & Personal Care

Get yourself a pair of these for the next one. Best tweezers for splinters I have ever used.

With a little care you can sharpen the edges near the point, so digging through the meat is not nearly as painful.

I keep a pair in a small bottle of rubbing alcohol in each bathroom. They are always clean, sterile and ready to go...

/ YEOWCH!!!! #6  
Might have been less painful to just light the end and let it burn its way out.:eek:

/ YEOWCH!!!! #7  
X2 on the uncle bill's silver grippers. I carry some on me at all times, clipped over the edge of my Leatherman holster.